What Version Should I buy...and Why??

Hi guys,

Late 40`s Football Manager here.Getting a new all singing all dancing computer soon and was just wondering what in your opinion is the most ENJOYABLE version of FM?

I`ve played CM3,CM4 and FM2005,after all the dust has settled and patches supplied on the latest versions (06,07,08,09) which should I buy,and one reason why it is more enjoyable to play than the others.

Thanks in advance...Sam

Well, FM09 is the most up to date, and I think it's only about £16.99 now from Play.com and Amazon. If the computer will take it, then I'd buy it. I took longer to get into it than the others but I tried FM08 the other day and just didn't like it.

FM07 is the easiest after a couple of seasons, FM08 not far behind, but FM09 has been the most challenging and has 3D graphics whereas the others are just 2D dots.

I suppose it depends what you want from the game as to what you will find enjoyable.

Hi guys,

Late 40`s Football Manager here.Getting a new all singing all dancing computer soon and was just wondering what in your opinion is the most ENJOYABLE version of FM?

I`ve played CM3,CM4 and FM2005,after all the dust has settled and patches supplied on the latest versions (06,07,08,09) which should I buy,and one reason why it is more enjoyable to play than the others.

Thanks in advance...Sam

Dust off FM05, get cheap deals from the internet of FM06 & CM01/02 (no really, do!) then try them all for a dozen or so matches. You will fall in love with one of them for sure.

I'd recommend FM09 (patched to 9.3.0). It took me a while to get into it but it's by far the best (and challenging) FM of them all and i've been a cm/fm'er since day one. Once you get into it you'll never look back.

Hi guys,

Thanks in advance...Sam

FM2010 : Next Gen http://community.sigames.com/images/icons/icon14.gif :thumbup

FM08- Can be picked up for around 3 pound. Get an update from Sortitoutsi and there you go . You have the Hiddink manager of Chelsea, Shearer manager of Newcastle and all the transfers to this day. Also it runs much more faster than FM09 :)

I find CM 01/02 the quickest way to play through 30+ seasons, and still quite fun - definitely worth having an install of.

I find FM'05 to be a good blend build - a bit more challenging than 01/02, a good 2D engine, a bit of psychological complexity but its before the Team-Talk feature was introduced. You can certainly fly through 15+ seasons on it, its more challenging than 01/02 but not likely to be frustrating.

FM'09 is my favorite version yet - and the first of '06, '07, '08, '09 to have really "grabbed" me. Its much more challenging than previous versions, but as a 35-year-old, I'm really enjoying that - when I finally do win the EPL or CL a bzillion years into my career, its going to be a great feeling. The 3D is a nice addition, and I've come to terms with the Team-Talks and Press Conferences, though they are more time-consuming.

So, one of those three, depending on which paragraph spoke to you.

Archived