How would you do this?

So just in advanced this might have to belong in the tactics section but its a bigger issue I thought then just issues.

Okay everyone I just had to know:

You are Chelsea, you are playing away to Barcelona and you know they are going to play attractive, attacking and fast football. You are Guus Hiddenk. You are going to park the bus (just as they did like a month ago).

Question: What do your tactics look like, sliders, team talks, positions, arrows, you know all that. How do you park the bus tacticly on FM.

It is a tactics question yes but I want to see if everyone agrees on a certain way tactics to be set to achieve the tactics Chelsea used on that faithful night at Camp Nou. I am not asking to find out tactically how to park the bus tactically on FM I just want to see how effective the sliders or tactical framework is on FM.

I also know that some people who are experts will post detailed posts but I also want to know how average players would try to achieve this tactic or any tactic on FM.

Cheers hope to hear from everyone soon!

ReeNah

Do you want to know, how to park the bus or do you want to know how to beat Barcelona (the same squad they have IRL) ?

Because I just did the second with my Ajax team and I parked no bus there :D

Won 3-1

Chelsea did quite a few things - First of all they man-marked Messi iirc using Bosginwa, and they also doubled up on him at every chance.

They also had Messi tightly marked, closed down and shown on the outside every single time he had the ball which straight away stops him cutting inside and he isn't the most amazing of crossers irl.

Secondly Chelsea sat back quite deep, using Ballack and Essien/Mikel(iirc?) to stop Iniesta and Xavi having any time on the ball to get it to Henry and Eto'o.

When they had the ball, Chelsea kept it, and Drogba held the ball up waiting for his support from the likes of Lampard to get forward and try and create chances that way.

What Chelsea did to Barcelona is not easy to achieve in FM09 (or any FM for that matter) because the ME favours attacking play. Thats not to say its impossible, I've won games playing defensively but its usually more luck than judgement and requires their best players to play badly and your defense and goalie to not make any mistakes.

In real life of course even semi-decent teams can close down and shut out superior opposition if they are disciplined and organised, but in FM09, as someone above said - 'attack is the best form of defense'

I disagree, it's all about setting your side up really well, every single player with the correct instructions and getting your global and opposition settings right on the day - Add that to your team shape, which against a better side is usually better to out-number them in midfield, it is very much possible to get results playing a 'park the bus' style in FM if you go about it in the right way.

If your going to attack Barca, your going to concede goals.

Archived