Ivorian Goalkeepers

I took a job as Manager of the Ivory Coast national team and came to pick the squad for my first game (a friendly vs Hungary) and the Ivory Coast have no goalkeepers. I checked the national pool, used the search commands, and nothing. Not one.

Needless to say, I resigned...not gonna keep playing Yaya Toure in goal am I? Just wondered if anyone had come across this before?

I had a similar issue in FM08 when I was manager of Nigeria, luckily I had 1 decent goalkeeper and one back up that was awful but I have heard this said on here a few times.

Ultimately I think unless you have the leagues loaded for that nation, or have loaded players specifically from that nation, or the nation is a well know European country then the above issue is always a possibility.

yes i had the same problem with nigeria on this version.

there is only 1 goalkeeper but he's pants and gets injured alot

i had too play my last 2 world cup qualifiers without him as he got injured again !!!

by complete fluke we still qualified

then 1 week before the world cup starts he get injured for 2 months , i resigned and watched them get thumped 5 or 6 nill every game... lol

ow how i chuckled

As Nigeria manager in Fm2009 (in 2010/11), I have had to field a Barnet reserve regen who is unlikely to make it in league football in my most recent qualifier. My only other option is injured and one potential championship keeper rom Spurs doesnt want to play for Nigeria. Somehow the youngster actually had a good game as we beat Algeria 3-1.

i got a real gk in the french leauge meite when i loaded all players but he was injured in cup of nations final agaisnt cameroon and i still won somehow u should have got a made gk but african teams aint really known for there gks are they

Archived