Problems Sending my youngsters out on Loan

I am currently trying to loan out a few of my 18/19 gem regens i have brought to the club.

However i am struggling, as none wish to move to my affiliate club (wolves in the championship) and no one wishes to come in on a loan for them, despite them being very good players.

Anyone know why this is?

I'd guess they are listed for loan etc, so lets ignore that;

what are their reps?

and what do they feel about being made available for loan?

and have you offered them out, as opposed to passively waiting for interest?

Nah, that should be okay. I've heard this reported several times but haven't been able to reproduce it; almost all my guys get offers, and those that don't are willing to head to my feeder club. So, I'd like to ask a couple of questions, if I may:

1. What is their "Squad Status"?

2. You have them "Listed for Loan"?

When you click "Offer for Loan" ..

3. Do you ask for "0% wages", or "100% wages"?

4. Do you ask for a fee?

5. Do you set "Can play in cup matches"?

6. Do you set "Can play against own club"?

7. Do you set "Can be recalled?"

8. You are an EPL side, right?

9. Is the Championship a "Playable" division, or is the EPL your lowest playable division in England?

10. What leagues outside of England are marked as "Playable"?

. . .

Here's hoping one of those holds the clue ..

Some back up, some hot prospects, i will change them all to prospects now though (seems the sensible thing to do)

2. You have them "Listed for Loan"?

Yes

When you click "Offer for Loan" ..

3. Do you ask for "0% wages", or "100% wages"?

Zero

4. Do you ask for a fee?

No

5. Do you set "Can play in cup matches"?

Yes

6. Do you set "Can play against own club"?

Yes

7. Do you set "Can be recalled?"

No

8. You are an EPL side, right?

Hull, but i am the dominant force in english football

9. Is the Championship a "Playable" division, or is the EPL your lowest playable division in England?

Yes

10. What leagues outside of England are marked as "Playable"?

I have the dutch leagues also

. . .

Its really frustrating me, as irl managers would jump at the chance to get on these players. Some of them are bottom half premiership standard.

Loaning players out is really hard on this version. Maybe it would be worth giving some of the youngsters "decent young player" statuses and trying again? Offer to Wolves, and then, if that doesn't work, try another club.

I've had similar problems with my youngsters too, but I found a solution that worked for me. I just offer them for transfer for some price that gets a lot of offers. Usually the clubs seem to come with loan to buy offers (for young players atleast) wich I then negotiate to normal loan offers with no option to buy the player. The clubs tend to accept these changes and I get them on loan for 100% wages.

I've had similar problems with my youngsters too, but I found a solution that worked for me. I just offer them for transfer for some price that gets a lot of offers. Usually the clubs seem to come with loan to buy offers (for young players atleast) wich I then negotiate to normal loan offers with no option to buy the player. The clubs tend to accept these changes and I get them on loan for 100% wages.

I do that too when I'm really desperate for some of my youngsters to get some experience.

If you look at the Assistant report he should tell you what level he can play at, 'Good Premiership player', 'good League one player'(if it doesnt compare it to a division change the coach report to someone else until you get the info) if the player is better than the division you will have problems, but if you have a number of players who are league one or two send them to a team in a division higher, over the season he'll improve(hopefully) and craft himself out for that league standard, also if he does well they might become a favorite team meaning he might go back again if hes not ready for your 1st team

hope this helps, if you understand it anywa

i have the same problem and i have italy serie A,B spain 1st,2nd division,england 1,2,3 division and a few other leagues running. the thing is that as soon as they are good enough to play for a first division side no one wants them, so what i do is transferlist them for stupid prices like 30M and then hope that clubs come back with the "loan to buy" option which youchange it to loan and they will agree. works 50% of the time

Loaning players out is really hard on this version. Maybe it would be worth giving some of the youngsters "decent young player" statuses and trying again? Offer to Wolves, and then, if that doesn't work, try another club.

Like Amaroq, I don't find it hard to loan out my players to one or two divisions below me. It does seem strange that the OP can't.

It just reeks of being unrealistic to me, and really is a massive flaw in a long term career.

I have stopped playing now, as it has frustrated me that much that no one will loan my young players. IRL, people would be biting me hand off. I do hope this is something that can be resolved for future issues

I don't think its that black and white.

I had issues with this in my blackburn save. No one would loan out my quality young players, and they felt too good to go any lower than the championship.

Then about a month later, they had a change of heart. It's all very...random, like a lot of other things in 09.

Hey, Jack, the following answers stood out to me:

Some back up, some hot prospects, i will change them all to prospects now though (seems the sensible thing to do)

. . . .

Yes

. . . .

Its really frustrating me, as irl managers would jump at the chance to get on these players. Some of them are bottom half premiership standard.

The squad statuses "Hot Prospect" and "Backup" both imply "Will get first team chances this season".

The first thing I'm doing differently from you is that most of my 16-17 year old players get "Youngster" status, which seems to pretty clearly imply "Don't expect to play at the first team level this season".

So, teams may be looking at that status - and the reputation your players have as "stars of the future" to the biggest club in the EPL - and refusing to make bids, because they don't think that the player would accept, because sporadic appearances for your club are better than a loan out. (Marcheta at Man U?)

There is also a reputation component: the Championship clubs, in particular, are probably looking at this and going "Oh, player X is bottom-half Premiership standard, and won't play for us", while the Premiership clubs are probably thinking "Oh, there's no way they'd loan to a rival."

I suspect you'd have more luck loaning them out if you had Spain, Italy, or Germany active, so that bottom-half clubs from those leagues would be willing to make season-long offers for your players, who really do need that standard of play to progress to the point that they could break into your first team.

It sounds like you've hit the point where the game begins to break down, actually - your club most likely has the best players in your starting XI, a second-XI which would probably achieve a top-four or top-six finish in the EPL, and I'd guess that more than half of the young players in your save with World Class PA are in your youth and Reserve sides.

That's not a fault of the game, its a fault of your save-game's configuration: there just aren't enough top youngsters being generated, and not enough activity by top-club AIs to give you serious competition for them.

Its why I recommend, for those of us who like to play long-term (10+ season) save games, to have multiple top-tier leagues active. The configuration I find most successful at this is: top league from each of Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy, and Spain. That guarantees enough top-quality regens that I can't "corner the market" on them, and guarantees that all of the world's top clubs are actively pursuing top talent, making it much harder for me to sign them and achieve a position of dominance in Europe.

Might be something to consider when you start your FM'10 save.

I concluded that it means "Expects playing time" when I was over-using it, basically making any good kid a "Hot Prospect", and had them getting upset at lack of playing time if I wasn't able to find a loan destination for them.

I agree that that's not what I would interpret from the phrase "Hot Prospect" naturally - but it seems to be how the game takes it.

This annoys me as well as the problem of players not wanting to go on loan when they arrive. Too good for my reserves and not good enough yet for the first team so I want you to get experience but just because you've only just arrived clubs don't want to make bids.

Yeah, roseboy64, I fully agree with you there - what's that about?

In older FM's, the first thing I wanted to do with a newly arrived 17-year-old was send them out on loan.

In the modern FM, I've changed my approach - I just set up a tutoring link, maybe ask them to learn a PPM, and set them in the Reserves for six months .. by January they're willing to go out on loan and clubs are willing to bid on them, and they have the benefit of the tutoring or PPM as well.

• 1 month later...

Ive still not found an acceptable way to get my players out on loan. I have offered the majority up for transfer, with the succes rate of getting loan offers to buy(then removing the "to buy option) at about 40%

In reality though, this isnt right, as people should be coming in for my youngsters simply on loan, rather then me tricking them to get round a flaw in the game.

Does anyone know of an editor so that i can force my players out of the club on loan. Normally i dont take to editors as i love realism, but for me to have no interest in my youngsters when they are the brightest in the world is downright ANNOYING.

Please please, can someone help if they know anything?

Sorry...get as many feeder clubs as possible. Foreign feeder clubs that play in europe are great and the players seem more willing to go there than to championship feeders. I usually manage to send most of them on loan. It is annoying though that clubs rarely approach me even though i have most of my reserves as available for loan. Hopefully this is a bug that is going to be fixed in FM10. Five years should be more than enough time for SI to finally fix it.

If no teams are coming in with offers, that usually means that your youngsters are not keen for a loan move. From experience I find that they usually go to feeders more easily. Sometimes it may just be that they are too good (or rate themselves too highly) and would rather stay and fight for a spot in your squad.

I've had no problems loaning out youngsters, with one exception where the player in question was already quite good and didn't want to go anywhere.

Feeder clubs around Europe won't help much...

In my Juventus save I had links with Standard Liege, Gaziantep, Mlada Boleslav, Start, QPR and Kansas City, in addition to Genoa, Empoli and a bunch of lower league clubs in Italy, but pretty much every option wasn't working...

Decent youngsters refused to move to Turkey, Norway etc, while the only teams they would accept were QPR and the italian ones, but they would end up playing for the reserve team anyway... reserve team for reserve team, I'd rather keep them at my club...

It's odd, because a young player who KNOWS he's not gonna play much in a Top Club should be happy to go on loan, even if it means going down one peg on the football ladder. Be it lower division or a less presitgious league.

Ditto for teams...

A Juventus youngster can still be more useful than Generic guy bought for 250k from the same division.

Its abosulte drivel to think that this is an acceptable flaw, because if a youngster is good enough IRL he would refuse to move out on loan because he wanted to fight for a place.

Granted his overall motive may be to become a first team regular/star at his current club, but i cant think of any examples that would refuse a managers request to go out on loan. Especially when considering this would only result in a positive outcome in terms of if they have been promised for this season alone they will get no games.

Very very very few youngsters burst onto the scene at big clubs at a young age, and can be said to be holding down a first team place, my only thoughts are owen at liverpool, and pato at AC milan.

If we were take the large majority of budding youngsters at the top clubs in europe (and generally all other top league clubs) they WILL happily go out on loan.

Aside from the issue of the willingness of the players though, is my sheer ANNOYANCE at the fact that they get so little interest. Some of the regens i have are going to be the absolute cream of world football, players that anyone outside of top 4 would be biting my hands off for. Yet this interest doesn't come, even if i give them cup runs, or they hit the scene internationally

It really has become the sticking point of a immensely enjoyable save i had with Hull City, and for reasons unbeknown to be, possibly my stubborness, i just cannot bring myself to play on with my gems floundering in the reserves.

You need to transfer list them, which I think is ridiculous: if Arsenal offered Vela out on loan or Man United Macheda, would there be interest. Yes, undoubtedly, yet on FM you need to transfer list them and risk destroying their morale.

Yeah I've always had the same problems...

I gave up on doing this the right way and just used FMRTE to edit in some feeder clubs. I set up affiliates in Italy and Spain with low- to mid table clubs in the Serie A and La Liga where my youngsters would get first team football. They almost always accept a season long loan to clubs which are in top tier european leagues. Usually after one or two seasons they have improved enough that they either deserve a first team spot or get sold for a nice profit.

I personally wouldn't view it as cheating if i forced my players out on loan.

It would be me simply writing a flaw in the game, as realistically my players would go out in loan in real life (this cannot be challenged)

Just my view though, (but i believe its the right one ;) )

Archived