Advice : Whats important in life ? Stadium Capacity Potential or Club Reputation ?

I've just upgraded my RAM, I'm up to date with 24 and I'm looking to save a bit of money so I am looking to start the biggest challenge of my CM life ....... I want to take a team from the Blue Square North or South to the Winners of the World Club Championship (i.e. dafuge's FM09 challenge).

I have not decided what team to be yet, I quite fancy AFC United (I know this is not exactly how it should be done with dafuge's challenge). I have read quite a few threads but what I have noticed in reading a lot of them is thats it hard to get a lot of grounds capacity increased and its pretty rare to move to a new ground all together.

I don't want to embark on a 20 season voyage to still have a 2,500 capacity stadium in 2029 !!

So, is it the stadium potential thats important or the clubs reputation ?

If anyone can let me know that would be great and if you have any suggestions on what team to be please let me know ?

If there is anywhere I can look myself please let me know as I have googled virtually everything to try and find out !!

I'm happy to keep people posted on how I get on .... if your interested !!

Club reputation is definitely more important.

Club reputation is linked to your ability to bring in players. The higher your reputation, the more likely you are to attract good players, and that's to be expected, as players would be more likely to go to Manchester United than Wigan due to its stature, it's higher reputation. If you're going from lower leagues to higher leagues, good players will be important. Essentially, if you're aiming for a nice quick rattle up the football structure, you're going to be running a revolving door club: players come in good enough for your current level, and then more come in once you get promotion, consolidate, aim for promotion, etc.

Stadium Expandability isn't as important, yet finances can be important.

The greater your stadium size, the more people you draw in and the more money you make. If you look at Wallace vs. Roberts, several years down the line, we at Blyth are in the Championship yet have a small stadium capacity. As a result, we are about £1,000,000 in debt. If you're not achieving constant success and the prize money it merits, moving up quite fast and taking a knock down can be devastating.

Yet club reputation is more important. The board can always build a new stadium which will pay for itself before too long, and there are other methods of income. With an abnormally high reputation, for example, you can waltz the first season if you look hard enough for good players.

By the way, as this is a more general question, it would probably belong in General Discussion. And Google isn't as good for getting answers than a concentrated fanbase like this forum.

A lot of editors would show you. You should probably use FM RTE.

I took San Marino from the bottom to Serie A (finished 12th first season in serie A) and the board spent 30 mil on a 25000 seat stadium (the old one was 4500 seats lol) but its taking two years to build, freakin italians lol

Archived