What PPM do you give your defenders? and PPM that does not work

Ever since Ive played the game Im unclear what PPM to assign to my CB. I assume throw yourself into tackles? Or stay on feet. I assume stay on feet is better because less likely to get fouls, pens and free kicks? But it never works. I don't think I have ever successfully assigned my CB to them.

Besides Stay on feet and throw into tackles, Try Long Shots, blast ball never work either?

I always try to give them 'stay on your feet' and remove 'throw into tackles' (although they never agree to do that). I worry that the latter will concede penalties and red cards. To be fair, defenders throwing themselves into tackles looks damn great in the 3D.

'Try short simple passes' is fine if you like them to pass the ball on to a DMC or MCd.

I just retrained a couple of DCs to "stays on feet" - never had a problem with it. Getting rid of "dives into tackles" is nigh on impossible though.

Short simples passes is a good one but occasionally you get a defender who spreads some pretty nice passes about the pitch - if you're playing with a push-up defence then the occasional sudden long ball can be deadly.

"Dives into tackles" can be really useful if their tackling and bravery attributes are good. One of my CB's has saved me a few times with his last ditch tackles with this as his PPM. I don't think any PPM's are universally good or bad, just have to match them with the right attributes.

"Dives into tackles" can be really useful if their tackling and bravery attributes are good. One of my CB's has saved me a few times with his last ditch tackles with this as his PPM. I don't think any PPM's are universally good or bad, just have to match them with the right attributes.

I agree :thup:

He has a PPM "Dwells on ball" but I reckon it isnt a good PPM for this player of this type and with his strengths. What do you think?

I dont have a good tutor for him currently to learn from, any ideas on how to improve his poor mentality?

davenport.jpg

If screenshots of regens arent allowed in this forum then I apologise but I couldnt locate the forum rules.

Yeah but the point of the thread is I'm having trouble assigning PPM to my defenders. Not how good or bad each one is.

Sorry for hijacking your thread dude, thought your question was answered, my bad.

As someone said, certain PPM's work better for certain players because of how good key attributes for a position are.

e.g. a defender with poor tackling and anticipation shouldnt be diving into tackles as they will anticipate a situation poorly and not be able to tackle the best, especially if its a last ditch tackle.

Tutoring usually works for me to assign PPM's but players learning new moves will depend on their professionalism/personality imo

Except for argues with officials.:D

Ever since Ive played the game Im unclear what PPM to assign to my CB. I assume throw yourself into tackles? Or stay on feet. I assume stay on feet is better because less likely to get fouls, pens and free kicks? But it never works. I don't think I have ever successfully assigned my CB to them.

Besides Stay on feet and throw into tackles, Try Long Shots, blast ball never work either?

Just stay on your feet for tackles would be fine :thup:

Archived