What Constitutes a "Title Challenge"

In arranging my next season's transfer budget (having finished third last season with the Toon) if I choose "Title challenge" to snag a couple million more quid, what constitutes a successful title "challenge"? Coming in 2nd? 3rd? Spending time at the top after Christmas?

I don't expect to be able to win quite yet, but we're playing CL this year and I need to expand my squad with quality to make it through the added fixtures...

Thanks.

Well really its what it says on the tin. Challenge for the Title, but the board dont expect you to win it.

2nd 3rd 4th normally are a title challenge aslong as you are there or there abouts come season end.

I have to say, last season I also picked Title Challenge and the board weren't happy with the results even though I finished 3rd (serie A).

The thing is, I never really challenged for the title. Most part of the season I stood about 5-7th. Had a really good streak at the end of the season and I only managed to get to the 3rd place on the last match. So it's not just the finishing place, it's really if you can challenge for the title or not.

Archived