I'm managing Hibernian in the SPL - Started with no budgets for anyone

Media prediction: 6th

I achieve 2nd

Board expectation : 3rd Round UCL

I achieve UCL group stage and looking likely to get the UEFA Cup spot

Training & Youth Facilities are upgraded to "one of the best in the world"

Stadium has just been expanded

Standard of Coaching has been significantly improved

Now I think that should be exciting my players but several of them have become unsettled and want to move 'to win medals' during the UCL matches - WTF!!

I look at their contract demands and they are high despite just signing new long term deals within the last 6 months so I feel that its more about money rather than medals.

1) Surely players wouldnt become so unsettled whilst good things are happening around them?

2) Should I sell and go with the players that want to stay or whats people experience of contantly unsettled 'ambitious' players

The case is that SPL has lower league reputation, therefore players always want to leave to clubs/leagues that have higher reputation, when such clubs are interested in them or there's a possibility to move e.g. EPL after their contract expires.

Therefore I'd suggest there's a little point of holding them back. If they want to leave, try to maximize your profit and cash them.

^^ :D

Yeah you'll get this in smaller leagues, hell you get this as a big club too sometimes. My Man City signed Gerrard for £50m, he had one season, won the Europa League/FA Cup and finished 5th, he feels he's done it all in one season and wants to play for Arsenal... who finished 8th lol

I get a similar problem, but relating to team rep rather than league rep. I am Brighton, have won the last couple of Premiership titles, but 2 or 3 of my players are angling for moves away after declared interest from Arsenal and Liverpool, who finished 2nd and 8th respectively last year. It's the nature of footballers unfortunately!

I would expect players that are playing in the UCL Group Stages & Euro Cup for the first time to want to see out that season.

Whats the best way of maximising a transfer fee? I have this knack of having the fee too high then the player rejecting the terms (probably because they've reduced their wage freedom to accept the bid)?

Its frustrating that they want to leave at the first opportunity rather than wanting to see out the season and possibly making themselves more in demand

• 1 month later...

I hate this too, Jiggy - I dont see why players would want to leave to championship clubs from my Irish team which reach part way into the champions league each year, so I'm starting again with higher league rep in ireland, It's is cheating, I guess, but whats the point playing if you aren't enjoying changing your team each year.

It's pretty realistic, TBH. I mean, think about players that want to leave the Prem. league for Real Madrid simply based on reputation, even though recent performances have been lacking. For those that somehow win crazy accolades with once tiny teams in the space of a few years, the club reputation is not going to keep pace with the reputation of the players you'll need to bring in.

Like what Damian said about signing Gerrard as Man City...even if Man City does well in game (or in real life), I bet for a long while people will rate it much lower than the established four.

I know

I just sold Seb Giovinco, despite him recently signing a 4 year contract. I find that a tad unrealistic where players become very unsettled shortly after signing a long term contract. I can think of anyone who did this IRL

Delph has 2 year remaining but currently not interested in signing a new contract, he's enjoying playing for the club and I have a very high (€30m) asking price. Should I sell him or hope he becomes interested in renewing his contract?

If he's under 20 and you have good youth facilities, give him a mentor and gradually give him first team time. I find that my regens improve leaps and bounds more this way (with a top yth setup and academy, mind you), than sending them on loan to some smaller side where they may play 15 games.

I know

I just sold Seb Giovinco, despite him recently signing a 4 year contract. I find that a tad unrealistic where players become very unsettled shortly after signing a long term contract. I can think of anyone who did this IRL

Delph has 2 year remaining but currently not interested in signing a new contract, he's enjoying playing for the club and I have a very high (€30m) asking price. Should I sell him or hope he becomes interested in renewing his contract?

I've just had this with a newgen Centre Back. Signed a 4 and a half year deal and about 2 months later wants a move.

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/nelsondomingos.png/

Thought I would show him as I already have a pic uploaded for him!

Send the baby player on lone. :)

He's yet to arrive! The end of the season is nearly here!

If he's under 20 and you have good youth facilities, give him a mentor and gradually give him first team time. I find that my regens improve leaps and bounds more this way (with a top yth setup and academy, mind you), than sending them on loan to some smaller side where they may play 15 games.

I have state of the art youth facilities and excellent coaching. He'll be on a senior contract though so wont he be training on senior schedules??

Archived