Strange Season Expectations - any thoughts?

Hi All

I've got to 2025/26 season and have recently joined Spurs as manager. At the start of the season, they've given me my expectations of:-

The Board want the team to qualify for the UEFA Cup through participation in the Championship by the end of the two year plan

How am I supposed to meet this? Other than getting promoted and then finished top 6 in the Premiership or winning the FA Cup.

Seems a bit strange to me.

Screenshot is here: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll163/secookie/FM08-...5-26Expectations.jpg

Thanks for your thoughts.

Simon

I think the 2-year-plan expects you to qualify for the UEFA Cup via the Premiership, but the season's league aim is just odd. I'd say your reputation is disproportianate to your league. Have you edited it? Who is your other manager managing?

No we've not edited the game. The other manager is currently manager of Real Madrid.

I'll be honest I hadn't actually noticed the current league expectation !!

Very strange. We've being playing the same game since December 07 only putting the official patch on - nothing else, no other meddling.

Yeah I had the exact same message way back in 2018.

Took over Spurs when in Championship.

Promoted.

Relegated.

Promoted.

Relegated.

Promoted.

Then spent the next 6 years in the Prem.

Highest I got was 7th placed. UEFA cup wualification.

Averaged 14th or so.

Never won any cups.

Never in any danger of being sacked.

Big of a bug really. Nothing to worry about, I'd say.

My board keep yo-yo-ing their expectations, last season it was be a title challenger, this season its mid-table finish - its been like that for a while but it helps my job security a lot when they ask to finish mid-table and I finish in the top 4 lol.

puzzled, not sure how you finish behind the top 6 when you are in the chumpionship. id ask in the bugs forum. on the subject of high expectation, started a game with west ham last night, premiership challenger in 2 years, are they joking surely thier chairman doesnt say that irl.

with my Watford side at the start of the game,the 2 year plan was to make them a safe midtable side after 2 years.

I defied the odds and finished second in the league and got promoted.The board was delighted.

For their premiership campaign,the long term goal stayed the same but the seasonal goal was changed to,fight bravely against relegation.I did,finishing 17th with 2 games to spare.

The seasonal goal confidence bar was just above average,pleased that I survived the drop.

BUT,the long term goal confidence bar dropped to zero.Why?because I wasnt a safe midtable side in the Championship.I was better than that.I was to good for the board.

So,I failed them.I wasnt offered a new contract and so I was released from the club.

BUG.........I think so!!!

Originally posted by GalwayUnitedFC:

with my Watford side at the start of the game,the 2 year plan was to make them a safe midtable side after 2 years.

I defied the odds and finished second in the league and got promoted.The board was delighted.

For their premiership campaign,the long term goal stayed the same but the seasonal goal was changed to,fight bravely against relegation.I did,finishing 17th with 2 games to spare.

The seasonal goal confidence bar was just above average,pleased that I survived the drop.

BUT,the long term goal confidence bar dropped to zero.Why?because I wasnt a safe midtable side in the Championship.I was better than that.I was to good for the board.

So,I failed them.I wasnt offered a new contract and so I was released from the club.

BUG.........I think so!!!

This was a known issue pre 8.0.2. If you've applied the 8.0.2 patch, started a new game and this is still happening then you've got a genuine big for the bugs forum.

If not then you should just apply the 8.0.2 patch.

Archived