Offering contracts to retiring players

Hello, I'm trying to sign Emerson that is free on 2010, but since he will retire in middle 2011 when I try to approach to sign him there is only coach, scouts, etc contract, he is on a 2 week test on my team but how can I get his contract permanent for a season?

Impossible. Once a player has set his sights on retirement there is no going back unless you are his club manager and ask him to reconsider his retirement! You'll just have to sign him in a staff role rather than a player role if you really want him I'm afraid :thdn:

Impossible. Once a player has set his sights on retirement there is no going back unless you are his club manager and ask him to reconsider his retirement!

I think in the future they should make it possible for any manager to aproach a player thinking about retiring and ask them to reconsider. Not sure what the real life rules are so dont know if doing this when a player is currently at a club would be considered tapping up though.

I think in the future they should make it possible for any manager to aproach a player thinking about retiring and ask them to reconsider. Not sure what the real life rules are so dont know if doing this when a player is currently at a club would be considered tapping up though.

I agree tbh but I see your point about tapping up the player before he leaves his (potentially) last club and I really can't see SI having a database full of retired players for you to try and tempt back into the world of football ;)

I agree tbh but I see your point about tapping up the player before he leaves his (potentially) last club and I really can't see SI having a database full of retired players for you to try and tempt back into the world of football ;)

That would be a big problem I think. If a player/coach/manager/ and so on are not currently active in the game irl then they get removed form the si database which is a shame I think.

yeah but they would clog up the database and slow it down if they werent deleted, although it is a shame when the all-time greats retire and you can view their history. They used to write biographies in the older games. But only to alreayd retired players and current amazing ones.

I used to enjoy reading them.

And yes ive seen asking someone to reconsider work. In the last FM i asked owen (38) to reconsider his retirement, as i wanted him to stay on for one more season as he only needed 1 more goal to break milburns scoring record at newcastle. He did reconsider, however in 14 games he didnt score again...

It has a lot to do with your reputation as a manager and how much the player likes you, i had a big reputation and that time and was on Ownes favoured personnel list, which may explain it.

Archived