How do you calculate a players CA?

Without using a scout utility how do I calculate a regens CA?

I went into the editor and tried myself to add and divide all the attributes but I couldn't get the figure that it said.

I know that there is hidden attributes which would upset the score when I do learn how to do this but I was going to give that particular regen an average score for these, I can live with an approximation.

It would be handy as I also play FML for which there is no 3rd party software.

Before anyone says, yes i can judge for myself if a player has the right attributes for a position but it still would be nice to know:)

• Administrators

All different attributes have different weighting values so it wouldn't be particularly easy to calculate without knowing that. For example a point on pace would be rating as much higher than a point on long throws.

All different attributes have different weighting values so it wouldn't be particularly easy to calculate without knowing that. For example a point on pace would be rating as much higher than a point on long throws.

Ahh I thought as much, thanks anyway:)

On top of that there are invisible attributes which are counted towards the CA as well.

Tecnically it works the other way around anyway. The CA is the first figure to be calculated by the game, then the attributes are calculated on that basis.

To the OP: basically, nobody apart from SI know and they aren't telling. All they have said is that the calculation takes into account the attributes that are deemed to be important for the specific position and that these attributes have a different weighting than the less important attributes. Many, many posters over the years have tried to come up with the formula, so far without noticeable success.

I always presumed that CA referred to a players ability, rather than their hidden stats. Anyone know if hidden stats definitely do contribute?

I can tell you, they do. Having been a researcher I have a list of which attributes count towards the CA and which don't. :)

But of course the visible stats count as well as they are more - and consequently more important. I think it's okay to just look at the visible attributes, but in the end that's an obvious no-brainer to me. The higher, the better.

Jayahr what invisible stats count towards it?

Ive noticed and read that player 'footness' applies a lot now. Just look at a player that can use both feet and how bad his stats are compared to that of a player who only uses his right foot, both players having same CA/PA.

Does consistency, versatility, important matches, dirtiness have much affect. I would imagine the first three would.

to be honest when buying a regen at such a young age I dont go for specific attributes according to his position. The better the attributes, the better the player & more likely i will buy him

Archived