Condition of Players

Hi there,

Just wanted to know if any knows if the condition of a player affects any of his attributes or if just makes him more likely to be injured.

I would like to think that the lower a players condition...certain stats such as pace and acceleration would decrease wheras some stats would stay the same such as set pieces, crossing, passing etc. and all the mental stats.

Is this true or does condition only mean that a player is more likely to be injured. If that is true then that definatly needs to changed for future releases

Thanks

Belissma

Basically...

NATURAL FITNESS determines the initial level of conditioning for each condition, and their recovery time from injury.

STAMINA increases the length of time a player can "play" and maintain condition

WORK RATE will deteriorate Stamina if it is a high value and therefore quickly lower conditioning.

PACE is directly related to conditioning. However, Acceleration probably isn't; as conditioning in reality doesn't effect your pace over 10 yards.

CONCENTRATION, which in turn affects Anticipation, Composure and Decisions - basically, all onfield intellect.

No technical attributes are affected by conditioning. That's how I understand it anyway; only SI will "know".

I would think technical attributes get affected too but that's just my view i.e. if I were quantifying football I'd have them take a hit (we've all seen tired shot or pass late in a game). But as Tubey says only SI know.

I would disagree with Tubey on acceleration. Run 100m then stop, and immediately try to run 100m again. Depending on your fitness levels your acceleration in the second 100m will be less than in the first 100m.

The one thing I would be intrigued to know is whether or not they have lessened the effect (I believe the general consensus is that footballer fitness levels have improved dramatically in recent times) or whether or not it is tied into facilities/coaching quality or is purely about attributes.

On a side note this is one reason I hate CA being tied into physical attributes.

Archived