Whats your greatest moment?

Post your greatest moments in any version of fm/cm.

My greatest moment came in FM05....

I was managing the Australian national team, and we had qualified for the world cup. I picked a team mostly full of recognizable names, but with the odd unknown player, and set about trying to get through my group consisting of Brazil, Togo and Denmark.....

My first game, vs Denmark, i won confortably. I lost narrowly to Brazil and somehow only managed a draw with Togo.... but it was enough to send me through second in my group.

I met Croatia in the next round, managed to erase a 1-0 deficit to win 3-1 in the end, with some late goals by Emerton. However, Kewell was injured, my best player, so the next game was going to be interesting, with only an unknown Alex Brousque as backup.

The quater final was vs Sweden, I had initially written myself off, but continued playing my defensive counter-attacking game and ended up winnning 2-0, against the run of play.

I was getting excited now, meeting Portugaul in the semi. I tryed to play the same defensive game again, but they hit me at the 20min mark and made it 1-0. I couldnt get a chance after that, and I looked gone.... until the unknown Brousque in his second cap ever scored an incredible volley in the 70th minute to send the game to extra time. I continued to defend grimly and somehow survived to the penalty shootout.... which I won miraculously! I was in the final.

The final was vs Italy, and they had a much better team then me. I tried the same tactics again but they sangged an early 1-0 lead. I tried to just play this game like the last and stick to my plan, but i barely stood a chance and the game ended 1-0.

I had lost the final, but to me making the final with Australia remains my biggest feat.

I took the Ivory Coast to the semi-final of the world cup, beating, among others, Holland, Croatia and Italy on the way. I essentially had no goalkeeper because of how poor the Ivory Coast are. I was very proud. Also winning League One with Southend after being predicted 6th. Not a mssive achievement perhaps, but my first proper effort in the lower leagues.

On FM06 this happened:

I sold Jermaine Defoe to Chelsea on the last day of the transfer window for £20+ Mill and Carlton Cole as part Ex............

They initially offered more but i needed a replacment striker on short notice so i asked them to throw Catlton Cole and they only offered a few Mill less so i happily accepted it

GOALMACHINE.jpg

The following season they offered me £20+ Mill to buy Carlton Cole

And like an idiot i reffused to sell him........ O well good times

I didnt even win the league that year...... i came 4th

Also winning League One with Southend after being predicted 6th. Not a mssive achievement perhaps, but my first proper effort in the lower leagues.

I cant remeber where i was predicted to finish but i remeber being given 250-1 odds of wining the BPL and somehow i did it

For me it has to be having kept stoke up on the last day of the season with a win over chelsea, surviving only on 27 points in the first game I started on this years FM. It was far more of a challenge than keeping them up compared to when I've had them promoted from the championship, and far more satisfying than any of the trophies I've won in the same game to date.

Similar to the OP I led New Zealand to the World Cup final on FM2006. It was 2022 and I knocked out France and Argentina before losing to Scotland 4-3 in the final after being 2-0 up.:(

My proudest achievement was winning the Champions League with Norwegian side Hammerfest on FM2007 though.

They started in the Second Division Group 4 and after 14 years of hard work I got the ultimate reward when I won the Champions League, and also managed to win the European Super Cup, the World Club Championship, and every domestic trophy going in 2021.

Winning the quadraple with Man Utd in my 1st season after moving from Celtic. The greatest match would be coming back from losing the 1st leg against Barcelona 2-0, equalising with the 2nd goal in the 2nd leg in the 94th minute then going onto to win the match 4-0. I then comprehensively battered Liverpool in the FA Cup Final and Arsenal in the European Cup Final.

Pssshh. It took you until 2019 to get that? I got that in 8 years at Liverpool.

rubbish you win 20 odd trophies in 8 years?

20 (Trophies) / 8 ( years) = 2.5 (Trophies per year needed to get 20 in 8 years)

Considering you can compete in up to 7 Competitions per year:

BPL

Leage Cup

FA Cup

UEFA/Champs League

Community Shield

Super Cup

Club World Championship

It doesnt seem too hard UNLESS you are talking about Major trophies which would require Consistantly Winning BPL, FA Cup and Champs League for 8 seasons which would prove to be difficult.

Edit: As you are talking about #1 in Hall Of Fame Topping SAF 14 Major 11 Minor (assuming he doesnt win anymore) would be almost impossible in 8 years

Major (BPL, FA Cup and Champs) to achieve 14 in eight years requires 14/8 = 1.75 (roughly 2 every year for 7 years)

Minor (Community Shield, League Cup etc.) 11/8 = 1.375 (roughly 2 every year for 5 years)

25 Trophies alltogether

25/8 = 3.125 (roughly 4 every year for 6 years)

haha The Major i used to love doing that as well!!!

My favorite moment was in CM4. SPent a few years building my newcastle team, and won the premiership having won 35 games, drawn 3 and only conceded 9. ive never even come close to ever winning by that much again.

Id love to take a smaller club to champions league sucess, one day i will actually take Ajax to champions league success lol, been trying to do it last 2 FM's.

my greatest was winning the champ league to confirm the quad, definately the best season i have ever had in fm(and cm prior to that)

my top scorer was petrucci with 45 in all comps, i even had a regen CB that came through my youth system called danny holmes he was english and has become one of the best CB's on the game, he got me 19goals in all comps just by getting him to challenge the keeper at coners!!!

all i have to do now is win the world cup with england

peterboroughendseason.jpg

From the second season onwards, I walked the league year after year with Milan, which admittedly is not much of a challenge at all. It was like this until the 11th season. I had to win the league to make it 10 in a row and for the first time really my team had struggled, and I had a slight feeling that I wouldn't manage to win it. It went down to the wire and I won the league by 2 points after a last match win over Inter.

It's a shame they got back at me by beating me in the Champions League final the next year, at the San Siro. That was the lowest point of that save game.

My greatest moment on FM08 was getting Oxford promoted to the promised land of the premiership after back-to-back promotions

My best moment had to be when I took over at Rochdale in 2009 on FM07, after they got relegated to the BSP.

I built a team that was exciting to watch, scored goals galore and could give anyone a game.

Over the course of three years I got them into a solid league one side, but money was becoming tight, so when I got an offer from Birmingham i jumped at the chance to take control of a big team in a lower league (league 1) with bags of money.

My first game was funnily enough against my old team and I lost 3-2... after that I tried to build a squad that was decent enough to challenge for the title, but by the end of my first season in charge, the players had lost confidence and the board were miserable with us being in 4th place.

I ended up getting sacked during the next season and retired to start a new game... The game was so much fun for those three years though, but because i made a silly mistake by trying to jump up the ladder of success... i effectively ruined my career.

1. Beating the mackems 6-0 (away) and 7-1 (home) when Roy Keane said his team would win :)

2. Winning the League with Tottenham in my second season and Arshavin winning player of the season and Golden boot.

Both on FM08 btw.

Taking Kettering to the Premiership

Going two seasons unbeaten with A.C Milan

Winning the Champions League with Celtic in which my 17 year old regen left winger scored. He only got in the squad earlier in the season because every other left winger, reserves and first team was injured and he was the only one in my under 18s. He played brilliantly and became first choice within a couple of months. He scored against Barcelona in the Semis too. He remains my favourite ever player on any football manager, despite quite poor stats.

Best moment was coming back from a 4-1 first leg thrashing in the euro cup round of 16 against AC Milan with my Napoli team. The following week, my team rally at home to win the second leg 4-0, scoring the all important goal in the 84th minute to send to fans (and myself) into pandemonium. I went on to later reach the final where I beat Porto 5-0

my greatest was winning the champ league to confirm the quad, definately the best season i have ever had in fm(and cm prior to that)

my top scorer was petrucci with 45 in all comps, i even had a regen CB that came through my youth system called danny holmes he was english and has become one of the best CB's on the game, he got me 19goals in all comps just by getting him to challenge the keeper at coners!!!

all i have to do now is win the world cup with england

peterboroughendseason.jpg

sorry, does anyone know what skin that is? cheers.

Leading Aberdeen to the SPL title in FM 2007 remains my best achievement.

We went into the last game of the season a point ahead of Rangers, and our last game was at Ibrox where we only needed a draw. In what was probably the longest game of my FM life, we got the 0-0 draw we needed to win the league.

Kazim Richards, signed for £8M, worst piece of judgement ever according to the board, i kept the faith, last minute sub, first touch round the keeper and goal, Rangers 2-1 Manchester United. Rangers through to the ECL quarter finals.

Ooh too many to think of...probably right now winning 23 trophies in 3 seasons with Farsley and England. That, or going 176 games unbeaten in the Premier League, and still going. I came ridiculously close in my last game to ending that record - I was losing 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday but in the 5th minute of stoppage time we got a penalty.

Winning the FA Cup against 1st division Stoke City when I was in the 2nd division (now League 1) with Stalybridge Celtic in FM 01/02. The run to the final included a dramatic 1-0 away win at Old Trafford and a victiry over Newcastle in the quarter finals.

I've never managed to do anything like it since. I managed to get Stalybridge up to the Premier League and as far as the Champions League Semi Final, but the FA Cup win was and will always be my greatest achievement.

My greatest moment on FM probably still is when I managed to get my Sheff Wed team on one of the previous versions (FM06 or 07) to third in the premier league and managed a cup win in the same season. Not really done anything similar to that.

Probably my greatest moment on FM09 is my UEFA Cup win with Manchester City in the first season against AC Milan. Despite being generally outplayed for most of the game, my team managed a surprise 3-0 win. Then finished second in the Premier League with them, a point behind Chelsea.

A good manager squabble moment for me was back on 07, Roy Keane said my Arsenal side wouldn't win the league. Infuriated I told him he'd get Sunderland relegated and even put it down in my notes to laugh at Keane come the end of the season when he gets them relegated.

Last game of the season, I wrap up the EPL and see Keane's Sunderland go down to a late goal. I process the game and theres my "Laugh at Roy Keane" reminder note. Love it.

My greatest moment and achievement however would be with Mainz also on 07, Appointed with only 2 games left to take them from rock-bottom in the Bundlesliga.1 to survival. Win-Win situation, If I fail to save them no one will be bothered and I can take a shot at the 2nd division.

I Scraped a win in the first game and scored a late winner on the final day to beat the drop, went on to turn them into a mid-table side the following season.

It tops doing the English and Italian treble in my books, the club managed to grow on me so quickly that on final game day my "win-win" attitude to the job had been erased and I would have been sad had we gone down.

Mine's probably winning the Champions League with Hoffenheim in my 3rd season. An end of season injury crisis left me without my best 2 players and only 12 fit senior players. The final was against Real Madrid and I went down to 8 men versus their 10 in extra time. With nothing to lose I stuck on my untried 16 year old regen striker, who dribbled half the length of the pitch beating 4 men to score the winner in stoppage time!

Archived