Idea for FM2010

I just thought of this idea because my attendances are abit low:

I think in FM2010, you should be able to talk to your fans via the media and ask them to fill out the empty seats. I am the Inter boss, currently in my second season. In my first season we won the Serie A (Inter's first title on the game, 2016) and now in my second season the ST sales dropped by 5,000. I think that is abit silly TBH, and our average attendance at the moment is 62,000 while underachieving AC.Milan (Who have the same stadium as Inter ofcourse) have an average attendance of 82,000!

So in a nutshell I think us as managers should be able to say in a press conference or something that "I would like to see abit more fans attending home games"

Thanks.

Something along those lines would be good - I have always thought that there needs to be more interface to do with attendances and Season tickets. (Setting prices??)

But then again we want a management sim and not another Fifa Manager which to be honest has far too much commercial based focusing.

There is something in your idea though but talking to fans seems a bit no go!

I just thought of this idea because my attendances are abit low:

I think in FM2010, you should be able to talk to your fans via the media and ask them to fill out the empty seats. I am the Inter boss, currently in my second season. In my first season we won the Serie A (Inter's first title on the game, 2016) and now in my second season the ST sales dropped by 5,000. I think that is abit silly TBH, and our average attendance at the moment is 62,000 while underachieving AC.Milan (Who have the same stadium as Inter ofcourse) have an average attendance of 82,000!

So in a nutshell I think us as managers should be able to say in a press conference or something that "I would like to see abit more fans attending home games"

Thanks.

Can't be helped, imho.

People of Milano knows which is really a football club, and which is a bunch of media clown, whom needs other teams punished to claim their title. LOL

Season tickets. (Setting prices??)

Please say you were joking, now ive always said managers need more interaction with fan's media etc.

But setting prices is going along the lines of having a wife & a house next.

Remember this is football manager. Not Financial Manager.

If you want things like that FIFA Manager seems a good game for that.

Please say you were joking, now ive always said managers need more interaction with fan's media etc.

But then he did say that in the next sentence of his post?

We have fan days...although I can't imagine that does much. What sometimes bugged me, with the Welsh leagues, was that winning the title time and time again couldnt get me to match Llanelli's attendence, but I was a low rep club

I couldnt suggest Inter to be lower rep than AC, someone might kill me!

I love how some people scoff at the idea of things like setting ticket prices - I'm sure managers go around making bids for players and negotiating their contracts... I'm sure they're also in charge of managing the contracts of players and staff once at the club too, and asking the board for stadium expansions, handling and having the final say pretty much on player contract terminations (even when you're paying them off).

I suppose in some ways, you could say its just as unrealistic as being able to set ticket prices, and hell even going as far as a wife and kids and having stocks like all the other crazy stuff fifa manager has. For some people, setting ticket prices is something they like, I'm sure you enjoy some of the features I've listed above, and others I've missed so the whole arrogantly shooting down a suggestion from someone else is a tad amusing to say the least.

Fair enough it's not the manager's job to set the price of season tickets/matchday tickets etc. but maybe there should be a request in the Boardroom screen or something that asks the board to review the ticket prices for the coming season.

I can't say I've taken much notice in my ticket prices and haven't noticed if they increase or decrease by much each year but after a title winning season/promotion I think it would be nice idea to request to the board that you'd like to see ticket prices raised by so many £'s as you think your supporters will be keen to come watch you in a new division playing against better opposition and raising the ticket price wouldn't necessarily put off some supporters from attending your game. Would also give you a little boost in the finances :thup:

Wouldn't be too bad actually, I've been dominating the premiership for years on my game, and my season tickets are still less than a third of the cost of an arsenal one, and are about 14th highest in the England rich list, teams who are in the championship have higher season ticket prices than me which is slightly irritating as I'm losing huge amounts of income.

I noticed the attendances were up after the board arranges fan days (or whatever they are called) but I agree it would be nice to have more influence in this area but setting ticket prices should definitely not be for the manager to decide.

I love how some people scoff at the idea of things like setting ticket prices - I'm sure managers go around making bids for players and negotiating their contracts... I'm sure they're also in charge of managing the contracts of players and staff once at the club too, and asking the board for stadium expansions, handling and having the final say pretty much on player contract terminations (even when you're paying them off).

I really don't understand this post, is it sarcasm?

Yea, it is sarcasm because you see so many people shoot down things that are already in-line with what the game already incorporates that isn't a part of the managers duty in the financial aspects of the game. I honestly, don't see anything wrong with more and more insignificant features surrounding the core gameplay. Not saying it should be implemented, but quite frankly if its there and you fancy divulging into it for 10 minutes you could etc.

With how little change in the ticketing system there is at the moment, either a board request, or user definition parameter would be much better. Despite having won trophies each season, and the premiership 7 years back to back, my season ticket prices at Stoke haven't gone up by £100 yet, and I'm consistently selling out my 60,000 seater ground.

No worries, it wasn't said as a flame =)

I think there should be a way in which you suggest to the board more money is needed, and they let you know based on feasable ideas.

ie. I ask the board for more transfer money. They tell me none is available...but I then ask them to consider money making ways, and they then say they are renting the pitch out to the local rugby team (ala Notts County) or they are planning to advertise in the community for the next game, or raise/lower prices for more fan/money.

Very rough plan though...thoughts?

Yea, it is sarcasm because you see so many people shoot down things that are already in-line with what the game already incorporates that isn't a part of the managers duty in the financial aspects of the game. I honestly, don't see anything wrong with more and more insignificant features surrounding the core gameplay. Not saying it should be implemented, but quite frankly if its there and you fancy divulging into it for 10 minutes you could etc.

What about a wife and kids? or a round of golf? this isn't Fifa manager and it's ludicrous to say people are 'arrogantly' shooting it down. They just disagree with you because they think it's an outright bad idea.

Yea, it is sarcasm because you see so many people shoot down things that are already in-line with what the game already incorporates that isn't a part of the managers duty in the financial aspects of the game.

Sorry, to stay off-topic, but this is something I've never understood when people have said it.

But manager do offer for players, and negotiate contracts with them, as well as some of the staff contracts, so this is perfectly realistic in my view.

The common practice in this era tends to be more that a manager will draw up a list of targets then the chairmen/chief exec will proceed to enter negotiations with the club. Some clubs refuse a managers requests to even talk to a club based on other scouts inputs to whether a player is worth it or not.

Usually a player will meet the manager at training facilities or perhaps the manager will be present at negotiations, but in the modern day era away from the 70's those above the manager do the negotiating and decide how much to offer players, their bonuses, any release clauses (Tony Mowbray at west brom has had no say in the fact that the players hes brought in have to be on flex-down clauses for relegation) and in some instances like Shevchenko and Chelsea, the manager doesn't come into the equation, same as at Real Madrid I believe, their president signs players with little to no consulting of the manager.

A lot of clubs now emulate that model to a degree, only the chief exec goes about doing this, not a 'president'.

I never said incorporating those things would be a good idea, I just said if there's more effectively 'foliage' in the game, it adds extra dimensions that people can delve into when they get bored, I personally wouldn't use it, just like I didn't when I used to play TCM as well as FM/CM.

Providing the features didn't take priority over any implementations of any real substance no one would bat an eyelid at it, it's far more realistic that the manager does some coaching work with his players - particularly lower down in football yet that isn't in the game in any capacity at all. Haven't played fifa manager since it changed to that from TCM, but it was in TCM then and was a helpful feature when a little club. So, just by playing devils advocate, at the same time as adding some pointless features, they added a very nice one that FM still doesn't have 5 years later lol.

Ultimately though to get to the core of my point, I just don't see a problem with there being extra stuff in the game that doesn't directly relate to the success and managing of a club, it'd be no different than changing skins to me just something there to customise the game more in the manner you want.

You made some good points there Santy001 especially regarding the manager's role in a players contract.

My only worry would be that any insignificant features are going to be jumped on and held up as examples of SI's disdain for their fans since the vast majority won't care for them. There would be much criticism about there being little improvement regarding the long term flaws because SI has been wasting their time on coding frivilous features which add nothing to the game, but which will no doubt shout loudly from the back of the DVD case. Personally, considering the limited time between releases, I would much rather see the time invested making progress in the more fundamental areas of the game.

Santy, in FM there are already automatic relegation/promotion wage changes - so Mowbray's situation would be simulated.

I don't know if it's in this version, but in previous ones if you managed clubs like AC Milan, Real Madrid and you spent sensibly and didn't do anything flash, then the chairmen would sign high-profile players without asking you, in order to maintain the club's galactico status - so the game has the capability of modelling the Real Madrid situation (I don't manage those clubs, so don't know if it's still in there)

But, particularly in England, the manager does have a lot of control over hiring and firing - this is why Keegan quit Newcastle, why Benitez held up his contract talks etc. Some football directors are in charge of buying youth players, but the first team is generally the manager's own. Examples like Shevchenko stand out because they are not the norm.

Being able to play golf and have a wife is fine because you can just ignore it completely and it won't affect your game, but if I have to start setting ticket prices and appealing to the fans it would be annoying - in the same way that people only dislike press conferences because there's no real way to completely blank them, even though most managers rarely say anything significant, save for the occasional high-profile rant from the big 4. If they were in effect optional ( via some kind of "at the end of the day, it's a game of two halves and the lad's done well, no beating around the bush, 110 %" meaningless time-wasting cliche button) then people wouldn't mind them.

Archived