The biggest ever match in British football history?

I had this in a previous version of FM (FM06 I think). As manager of Scotland I got all the way to the final only to be convincingly beaten by England.

Why is the world cup final at old trafford?? don't get me wrong it is a good stadium but why not at wembley
I wish I knew the answer. I've just looked and not a single World Cup match was played at Wembley. This is despite Elland Road, Villa Park and the Stadium of Light being used. Wembley is still used for England friendlies though.

I wish I knew the answer. I've just looked and not a single World Cup match was played at Wembley. This is despite Elland Road, Villa Park and the Stadium of Light being used. Wembley is still used for England friendlies though.

Might be worth noting in the bugs forum. Bit silly not using Wembley unless you missed a news item or something saying it hadn't been finished in time or was unsafe.

Incidentally, was this an AI only match or were you managing one of them?

• SI Staff

If you have a savegame of prior to the competition, please mention it in the bugs forum and upload the savegame for us to check. The easiest way to iron out bugs is to post a savegame prior to any bug occurring, so that we can ascertain why the game is creating the bug.

The db is correct for Wembley and Old Trafford so this should not be happening. What version of FM (patch??) are you using?

Maybe Wembley fell down like that American stadium.

If you have a savegame of prior to the competition, please mention it in the bugs forum and upload the savegame for us to check. The easiest way to iron out bugs is to post a savegame prior to any bug occurring, so that we can ascertain why the game is creating the bug.

The db is correct for Wembley and Old Trafford so this should not be happening. What version of FM (patch??) are you using?

I don't have a saved game as I save my game every fortnight. I started on 9.2.0 then updated to 9.3.0.

Archived