Is it Cheating??

playing as Aston villa in the champs league quarters and i lose to Barcelona 1-0 away so next game i play Newcastle i win 2-0 away again next game is fa cup against Blackburn so Ime coming up to the game and my computer crashes and comes up with a blue screen and restarts don't no why and i didn't save my game so i load it all back up again play barcelona and beat them this time 1-0 would you class this as cheating.

it's not cheating, just like not throwing the ball back to the opposition after they kicked it out so a player on your team could get some treatment is. i agree with absolutegenius, i was once in your situation and when i replayed the games the achievement just wasnt there for me because i always knew what the 1st result was.

well say you had originalyl won against barca and this time had to reload and lost? would you reload to get the same result then? or play on? basically as long as u do exactly the same for winning and losing scenarios you have done nothing that anyone will chastise you for. and like SCAIG said, u do what u want though, and if u do "cheat" just dont boast like you havent

When this rarely happens to me I keep reloading until I get the same results, but this can be tricky. I like that flood light failure rematch idea, I might consider that in the future if this happens again.

normally this kind of thing always works against me, especially if its after something pretty special........... i remember beating arsenal 1-0 away from home once and they got 2 players sent off and 3 key long term injuries (as a Spurs fan i was over the moon) my comp crashed and i had to replay the game which ofc i lost .....badly and to make it worse my star striker good old Defoe broke his leg and missed the rest of the season.

always seems to happen after a good cup draw aswell, nothing like FM "Encounting an Error" right after you somehow get the easiest possible cup draw for it to be snatched away from you and given Man Utd instead on the reload.....

I love this game i truely do

If you like to pretend there is some reason like floodlight failure for why you have to replay the game, then wouldn't it be easier just to pretend it was all a dream? Obviously this shouldn't by abused by replaying every loss and pretending you are suffering from recurring nightmares.

In case I had wone initial match and I'd have to play it again because of computer crash, I would settle for loss or draw, even if I knew I won the first time.

Therefore I don't consider it cheating.

• Administrators

Why I do a 'Save As' after every game, doesn't take very long and I never have any reason to go back and replay a match in case of a power cut or anything.

lmao.. like anyone would do that.

Why not? Unless it was loads of games after I had saved then I would do this, otherwise I would feel like I had cheated. However, this is just my personal feelings and it might not be cheating to other people :thup:

What if it was a major upset though?... You lost 2-0 to a very poor team and it was very much against the run of play... it could take forever to get that same result. Just seems like a major waste of time to me, play the game again and carry on. It is a game after all.

I use the same mentality i use in cricket, you can walk when the umpire doesn't give you out...but there is not option to stay at the crease when you're given out unfairly.

It's not cheating, and eventually your game will crash and you'll lose the champions league...don't worry

playing as Aston villa in the champs league quarters and i lose to Barcelona 1-0 away so next game i play Newcastle i win 2-0 away again next game is fa cup against Blackburn so Ime coming up to the game and my computer crashes and comes up with a blue screen and restarts don't no why and i didn't save my game so i load it all back up again play barcelona and beat them this time 1-0 would you class this as cheating.

What's the alternativ? Abandon the savegame altogether? Play again until you have reached the very same results? Then what about injuries which happened and so on?

I'd say fair play to you for just continuing.

Apart from that, wth do you care about what we think? It's YOUR game! And you can play it the way you like. You feel bad now? Reload. You feel okay? Go on. But why do you come here to ask us?

Archived