Brighton finances

If there is anyone up to speed on todays developments maybe they could give me some ideas how best to include it into my game using an editor. should i just tick the sugar daddy option or should i just leave that alone and clear the outstanding bank loans or change it to a 80 million chairman loan.

In case you dont know the new Brighton chairman has loaned the club somewhere between £80-90 million in an interest free loan with the idea that it is paid back by 2023. But he quite accepts that he might not get much of it back. i'm not quite sure how to work it into my game.

It will be quite interesting how SI set it up in the game next year seeing as it's a loan that might not have to be repaid in full.

I was very happy to hear of Brighton and Hove Albion's recent good fortune. They've had it very hard for a long time, being financially crippled by the loss of the Goldstone Ground those years ago. Especially with my own local teams Southampton and Bournemouth both facing possible extinction, it is good to at least see some positive news for one of our South Coast Clubs. :)

Brighton has the fan-base to be at least a good solid Championship Club, and possibly even greater than that.

Tony Bloom has indeed issued this new capital in the form of an 'interest free loan', though as you rightly say, he is not really expecting to see much of that again, and he himself has stated that he would be happy to convert his investment into a shareholding, should the club not be able to repay him.

So in other words, 'here's a cool £93 Mill lads, pay me back if you can, but if not, don't worry about it'. ;)

As for getting that into the game, I would personally use the database editor to remove all outstanding debts, and use the 'sugardaddy' option. The trouble with putting it into the game as a Chairman loan, is that the game will not be able to take into account the fact that Mr. Bloom is not expecting to receive any monthly repayments on his 'investment'; so the game could at some point place B&HA into Administration for running debts beyond it's means of repayment, which would not be an accurate reflection on the nature of the real life investment.

That's my take on the situation anyway, others may disagree.

thanks for your reply, yes i think i will clear the bank loans but i'm not sure yet if i will tick the sugar daddy option because then the game might give me a few million to spend on players and i dont think IRL that they will get big money to spend on players like that. i think i will try and get on a sound financial footing now not having to repay loans.

thanks for your reply, yes i think i will clear the bank loans but i'm not sure yet if i will tick the sugar daddy option because then the game might give me a few million to spend on players and i dont think IRL that they will get big money to spend on players like that. i think i will try and get on a sound financial footing now not having to repay loans.

You're welcome.

In regards to the financial situation of the Club, Tony Bloom, before this latest investment, was already a 75% shareholder in the Club, after previously converting another £18M loan of his to the Club into shares, effectively 'writing it off'. He is extremely committed to helping Brighton to progress, and as well as the latest £93M he has invested into the Club, he has also confirmed to seagulls.co.uk recently that he will continue to sustain and fund the Club additionally whilst it is still incurring losses at the Withdean Stadium, and up until until such a point as the Club is self sustaining again. So I'd imagine that Mr. Bloom, whilst not spending extravagantly on players, will still be prepared to see to it that Brighton are catered for in that department. ;)

cheers, i think i will keep the club in the black by topping up the bank when needed, as you rightly say is what is happening right now IRL, until we get to falmer on my save.

i wonder how SI will set this for next season. i guess the club just wont have any outstanding bank loans.

I was very happy to hear of Brighton and Hove Albion's recent good fortune. They've had it very hard for a long time, being financially crippled by the loss of the Goldstone Ground those years ago. Especially with my own local teams Southampton and Bournemouth both facing possible extinction, it is good to at least see some positive news for one of our South Coast Clubs. :)

Brighton has the fan-base to be at least a good solid Championship Club, and possibly even greater than that.

They would have even more of a fan base if people round here took off their man utd shirts and stopped trying to find where manchester is on a map !!

They would have even more of a fan base if people round here took off their man utd shirts and stopped trying to find where manchester is on a map !!

Lol, I know what you mean, it is the same here.

When I see such instances in person, I like to ask the wearers of such shirts if they are "having a nice holiday down here?" ;)

This is usually met with a confused expression, to which I respond, "ohh, sorry, you're not from Manchester/London/Liverpool etc then?" :)

Archived