Have you ever deleted a save out of anger at a result?

Because I just came very, very close. :( I'm in season three and I've finally got a decent chance to get into the CL group stage (with Dinamo). I get drawn in the final qualifier round against my fierce rivals Red Star (bit weaker than me), first leg away. I pick my strongest, most professional and most in-form team, and give a team talk that has worked in other rival matches. Except my team play the worst I've ever seen them play, and their forwards casually stroll through my defence three times to score in the first half. I've never seen them play that bad before. Their second goal was especially ridiculous. A long ball from their defensive midfielder went over the top and my two centre backs just stood and gawped at it, leaving their striker with all the time in the world to slot home. None of the rest of the team were helping, my players were hoofing long shots over the bar (despite all being on 'rarely') and my wide men decided that the best way to dribble is directly through a defender, despite there being a better passing option available. UGH. At half-time I use the 'angry' team talk, and we manage to not concede, and we manage to get an away goal in the 89th minute. You'd think this would be the indication for them to gain focus, but then in the 93rd minute their striker doesn't get picked up by any of my four defenders in the box and they score another. 4-1. Four-bloody-one against a weaker side, solely because my team decided not to turn up. I was sat looking at the "are you sure you want to delete this save" message for a minute before I decided against it, but I was very, very close. I've reloaded my 'win-everything' Arsenal save to calm me down. :p

Anyone deleted a save or resigned because of one result?

Wow, no ive never deleted a save. I can understand why though. But i just plough on through & try do better next time.

If you delete a save think of the hard work if you have put any in.

Admittedly i have resigned from a club in anger, but the bloody board sold my only goal scoring striker (20 goals in 30 games) to a rival. That didnt make me resign, it was the fact that he scored agaisnt me in the play-off final which tipped me over the edge.

You're getting thát frustrated in season 3 already!?

I've been trying to get European football with TOP Oss for way longer and constantly, whatever I change in my team or tactics, tend to finish around 11th place (you have to finish 8th for European places playoffs in Holland). Joined TOP Oss in season 2012/2013, currently in season 2024/2025... But deleting my save? Nahh, would be too much of a waste. Rather join another team then, regularly get offers from foreign clubs.

Only when I've made a daft "typo" that contributed to the result. Like being 1-0 up and accidentally subbing a ST for a GK when I meant to bring on a defender to tighten the game up. Stuck the GK in defense without realising what I'd done and conceded three goals in 7 minutes. I replayed that one since it was a mouse-click error instead of a tactical mistake.

Thing is, I've played badly in games before. But considering the league is mine for the taking every season now, and the cups don't matter, I now have to wait another year to get to the same point, simply because I picked the wrong team talk/wrong players/didn't change my tactics/wrong press conference/whatever. I would have got dumped straight out of the CL, but I just know that in the next attempts I'm going to get harder teams and I'm going to rue this match.

I nearly did recently.

In charge of Serbia, playing Croatia in a WCQ qualifier. 1-0 up with 10 mins to go. I then concede 4 penalties and lose 4-1. And yes, I did drop all my tackling to 'Easy' after the first.

Never seen that many pens in a single game! lol..

I've seen that many shouts for pens though, usually one or two get given but never 4.

In 08 I needed to win a game against a very poor 19th place Cardif side in the prem to secure the title with Rushden and Diamonds. It was a tight top 4 and 3 points would secure it for me as Chelsea in 2nd were 1 point behind on the last day of the season, Liverpool in 3rd on the same, we got beat 4-0 so not only did i not win the league I finished 3rd due to eventual goal difference.

I was so angry I caught the plug on my pc and it turned off. It took me a while to go back to the game but i ended up losing it 2-1 when i went back so finished 2nd... i was gutted lol.

Never seen that many pens in a single game! lol..

I've seen that many shouts for pens though, usually one or two get given but never 4.

Two from corners, one as their striker was being shepherded out and the other was blatant.

I don't delete the save game but I start a new one as sometimes it feels you get better luck on a new game. Playing the same tactics and same team on a new save game, but the results are actually coming through.

I nearly did recently.

In charge of Serbia, playing Croatia in a WCQ qualifier. 1-0 up with 10 mins to go. I then concede 4 penalties and lose 4-1. And yes, I did drop all my tackling to 'Easy' after the first.

Shame you didn't have the ref from Chelski - Barca tie. He wouldn't have given any ofthem;)

You could have punched the striker and he'd have said he ran into your fist.

No i'm not a chelsea fan and yes i'm still laughing

I have been known to transfer list one of my top players immediately after getting a red card in a Champions League final. Unfortunately I couldn't sell him so he spent 2 years in the reserves until he eventually left, never got a first team game again.

I always save the game under a new game...leave it for a while then go back to it and continue.

Listen, if you play saves where you never get your faced wiped in the mud, how can you have any fun? Go through the bad days of having nothing left to play for from February onwards for 3 seasons, then you'll love just being able to challenge for a top 4 place.

Archived