Your best ever match?

Just had a great game as AFC Wimbledon against Salisbury in the Blue Square Premier

-0-1 (3rd Minute)

-1-1 (7th Minute Gareth O'Connor with a nice finish from a cross)

-1-2 (22nd Minute Penalty conceded by Luke Garard)

-1-3 (51st Minute took past keeper and slotted in)

-2-3 (53rd Minute excellent free-kick from 25 yards by Kieren Walmsley)

-3-3 (56th Minute pretty much the same goal as 1-1)

-4-3 (88th Minute even better free-kick by Walmsley this time over 30 yards into top corner)

-5-3 (90th Minute great play leading to cross to Wayne Brown who smashes it in from outside the area)

You had any other games that have been exciting?

Arsenal 0-3 Empoli!!!!! UEFA Cup 2nd Knockout Round (Empoli win 4-2 on aggregate)

I was 2-1 down from the home leg, then a mistake in the 31st minute by Fabregas let in Nsue (Paloschi on the bench due to injury). A poorly-hit bobbled shot by Vanden Borre after 75 mins trickled past Fabianski and finally, as Arsenal streaked forward to take the tie into extra time, we counter-attacked in the 92nd minute with a long ball for a suspiciously offside Lodi to finish it off!!!

Just had my best game so far in fm 09, i'm playing with Dorchester Town in BSS league first season 13th after everyone told us we will get relegated, second season 2nd only 3 points from wining (darn those 14 draws ) anyway i beat Woking in the plaoyoff final so i got promoted :D

Woking - Dorchester Town 1-3 Dargo (12, 35, 56) :D

it was a fantastic experience the best for me in recent years (i won with man utd, barcelona, milan, real madrid etc the league and champions league a couple of times but surely i never felt so much joy about a single game since cm 01\02 ohh i'm satisfied thank you SI :p)

That is pretty amazing, Parmalat :eek:
It was ridiculous. I was so ****ed off when LFC scored those 2 quick goals. I was devastated! Surely I couldn't score 5 goals without conceding another..but then Henry Struck! From there it was so intense till the very last second of the game. I literally had like 3 seconds to go when eto'o hit the final goal.

Nigeria vs. Portugal, world cup group C

34th minute - POR 1 - 0 NIG: Veloso smashes one from 30 yards

88th minute - POR 1 - 1 NIG: Yakubu dribble round 2 player and lobs keeper

90th minute - POR 1 - 2 NIG: Mikel free kick

94th minute - POR 1 - 3 NIG: Anichebe goal!

Inducted into african hall of fame, qualified top of group and lost to Spain in the next round on penalties after leading 2 - 1 for most of the match (92nd minute equaliser)

Posted this one in the funny screenshots topic recently already:

8' 0-1

34' 0-2

36' 1-2

56' 1-3

57' 1-4

61' 2-4

62' 3-4

64' 4-4

78' 5-4

89' 6-4

51rn7d.jpg

That's my best comeback game, the ones I was most nervous about was the promotion/relegation matches against NEC I played before promoting to the Eredivisie. I was expecting to lose big time but:

TOP Oss 2-1 NEC

NEC 1-2 TOP Oss

The 2nd match had been 1-1 for a long time and NEC was clearly better, but I made 1-2 from a corner in the 87th :D

My best is Champions League final against barcelona. Was 1-0 down from 15 minutes in and was getting destroyed by them. Managed to get an equalizer on 87 minutes and then on 115 minutes out of nowhere we counter attacked and nicked it 2-1! I was actually praying for penalties the whole time as there was no way we would be able to score, which is why I think this is my best match and why I was so suprised when we won :p

Beating Real Madrid 1-0 in the Bernabau.

Third season, I was Newcastle, first knockout round of the Champions League, we drew 1-1 at St James's Park. At their place, Lewandowski scored in the FIRST minute and it was backs to the walls from then on, including Madrid being denied a penalty and two offside goals.

Seem to remember Newcastle had 2 shots on target all game, with Madrid clocking up maybe 15-20. Very tense, and felt real relief and jubilation at the final whistle.

Went on to lose in the final against bloomin' Arsenal.

I have had some incredible matches over the years. However, the ones I remember most are the most dramatic. My favourite final was this one:

BarcelonaManUtd.jpg

It was my own Istanbul. We were getting killed and Man Utd went 3-0 up. It could easily have been 5-0. However, once they stuck the third in I decided to go for broke. I changed the formation, the tactics and just absolutely went for it.

Bojan was made a Barcelona legend that day, and then a few years later a Spain legend, as he scores a late winner for Spain in the World Cup final. It was also Sir Alex Ferguson's last ever football match. Let's hope the final is just as good next week.

One of my best ever knockout matches was a Champions League quarterfinal against Liverpool (I had lost the first leg 3-2). It was end to end football; you could watch the highlights over and over and never get bored. All the goals were top quality:

BarcelonaLiverpool.jpg

Eto'o and Torres at their absolute best in an absolute goal-fest. Matches like these are why I play this game.

Had to be the 2013 Champions League Final. Manchester United vs. Barcelona. (I'm United)

This is on FM08 BTW.

Finished 3-2 to me. Was truly an epic match :D

Went 1-0 up,

1-1

2-1 up

3-1 up

3-2 at halftime

I was hanging on by the skin of my teeth after the break ... Barcelona were completely dominating. Then my worst fears were realised... Barcelona were awarded a penalty! Lionel Messi missed though! Marcelo Grohe guessed the right way and saved it.

Somehow I managed to hold on to the lead and I secured my second Champions League title in 6 years :cool:

EDIT: I've just gone back onto that saved game and it actually was a bit different than I had remembered. Nervewracking all the same!

barcam.jpg

w960.png

Archived