Is It Worth Upgrading RAM Only?

I've put my PC in to get fixed, and while it's there I'm considering upgrading it to make Football Manager run faster.

I've got Core 2 Duo with 2.13 GHz and 2 GB RAM.

Anyway, upgrading the CPU to 3 GHz is a bit expensive, but doubling RAM to 4 GB is less than half the price.

So I was wondering, will FM run quicker if I only double my RAM? Will it be noticeable? Or will it be pointless without also upping the CPU speed?

Educate me. Thankyou.

So FM really uses that much RAM?

Thanks mate.

You will have an improvement in performance, especially when running Vista. It's not just FM that uses the memory, it's all the other applications too. If you can afford it, I'd suggest a RAM upgrade is worthwhile.

Just make sure your mobo can take up to 4GB otherwise your wasting your money. Mine can only take 2GB unfortunately, if it can I am sure you will notice a massive difference

I'd recommend buying it too. Like others said, it's also worth for the general performance of your PC. Besides that, prices are quite low (in Holland). I got my 4 GB for about 30 euro's (Laptop mem though)

Yeah, I went from 2GB to 4GB recently and did half a season in half a day. Used to take me four days for one season minimum. And the game itself, well the matches look like an entirely different game! Smooth dribbling, a bit of stadium, and you can actually see fouls now! Love my new RAM.

Yeah, I went from 2GB to 4GB recently and did half a season in half a day. Used to take me four days for one season minimum. And the game itself, well the matches look like an entirely different game! Smooth dribbling, a bit of stadium, and you can actually see fouls now! Love my new RAM.

Your making me want to buy a new computer!!!!

Archived