Need some tactic help

Just a few questions about tactics:

- Opposition instructions: what's best to do? my assistant manager's feedback always says to put players on weaker foot, close em down etc .. so I just end up selecting closing down, hard tackling and weaker foot for every opposition striker/midfielder until ass. manager has nothing to say? Am I doing it right? :D

- Creative freedom: What type of players should get much creative freedom? Say if I was playing 4,3,1,2 for example, like below.

- Here's my team: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8684/09team.jpg .. I'm currently 5th in the league =(

- But I'm not entirely happy with how I'm doing. I play narrow football (due to lack of aerial ability up front), use Vagner Love as target man run onto ball with little freedom (no idea why;D), no playmaker because I always get confused who should play it, play through the middle with a quick tempo. Any suggestions how I can change and improve?

I would slow your tempo down. I only put fast tempo when I play a counter attack game. Shorter passing game usually slower tempo.

Opposition instructions - my experience. I am playing with San Marino, and for a few years I really struggled to get out of Serie B, almost had enough of doing this for every single game (players onto weaker side and hard tackling and all that). So, I decided to play one more season, quick - that is, no opposition instructions and I won the league. And ever since I have not touched anything in that screen and have become a top 6 team in Serie A. So my opinion is that its a waste of time. Team talks at half time will win you more game than opposition instrauctions.

I give Creative freedom to strikers, wingers and some to a creative type of CM or AM. Playing a 442. I find that having the wingers with much creative freedom gets them into very good attacking positions and the odd goal from loose balls in the box and they don't get punished too much. So they are on full creative freedom with the strikers. One MC with a little freedom the other with very little to keep him inposition to defend and hold up the ball. Defenders usually little but never nil freedom.

Of course - number one is always getting the right players in.

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18

Opposition Instructions and Creative Freedom have been covered umpteen times so do a quick search before posting :thup: But here's some my opinion cliff notes.

In relation to OI it's personal preference.

Show onto foot can sometimes open up passing lanes in that direction. So making choices about weaker foot imo depends on match ups aswell as the player in questions attributes.

Closing Down OI essentially sets your team to a slider value of 20 when the given player gains possession. This might have implications for how rigid your formation is defensively due to dragging players all over the place.

Just apply some footballing common sense and use of OIs is pretty clear :thup:

Creative freedom acts as a modifier to flair. The higher it is the more likely it is he will ignore your 'in possession' instructions. Alongside a higher mentality it will make him try the riskier passes, with 'try through balls' playing a role. But it still depends on players. Some people experience their midfielders taking too many long shots with high CF, high mentality and LS rarely. Others don't.

Just a few questions about tactics:

- Opposition instructions: what's best to do? my assistant manager's feedback always says to put players on weaker foot, close em down etc .. so I just end up selecting closing down, hard tackling and weaker foot for every opposition striker/midfielder until ass. manager has nothing to say? Am I doing it right? :D

- Creative freedom: What type of players should get much creative freedom? Say if I was playing 4,3,1,2 for example, like below.

- Here's my team: http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/8684/09team.jpg .. I'm currently 5th in the league =(

- But I'm not entirely happy with how I'm doing. I play narrow football (due to lack of aerial ability up front), use Vagner Love as target man run onto ball with little freedom (no idea why;D), no playmaker because I always get confused who should play it, play through the middle with a quick tempo. Any suggestions how I can change and improve?

Your new here mate so Ill help you out. This is the General Discusion area, try http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&f=18 here for all your tactical needs this includes lots of downloadable formations if you so choose rather than making your own :thup: good luck

Archived