Lack of managerial discipline?

Ok I let one of my star players off for a red card, we won 7-0 and it was late in the game anyway, so I didn't really care.

However it's still around after a whole season and despite being meaner nowadays, my players can't be pleased. Kompany is sent off for violent conduct in 24th minute when it was easier to let the keeper gather the ball up. I fine him a weeks wages and everyone believes I'm unfair!?

I just can't win lol

1st offence = warning

2nd offence = 1 weeks fine

3rd offence = 2 weeks fine

That's the safest pattern in my experience. It's pretty much a catch all.

Could just be a bug if it is still showing a season after the trigger point, or it could be it went after the first but you did something which caused it to appear again but the timing of you checking it meant it appeared as if it had been there continuously.

I've also read posts of people experiencing this if they have a tendency towards the softer team talk options but that's anecdotal rather than something I've tracked/tested myself.

Depending on the offence (using common sense if they were last man, etc) I usually fine the players 2 weeks wages. Works on my team nearly every time, but think thats due to most of them being professional and determined. All players seem to react differently

It finally shifted after Adriano was tackled, got annoyed and two footed the guy, injurying him in the process.. I fined him two weeks wages and the team seem to have cheered up. Just seems odd because my team are generally very well behaved, 3 red cards in 3 seasons isn't bad, so I haven't really had the oppertunity to discipline anyone til now lol

I am pretty lenient in that sense, and I rarely fine players unless I deem it to be unprofessional conduct.

If a player gets a red card for what I see as an unfortunate incident (late tackle, last man, second yellow etc) I let it go.

Archived