Major Problem :@

After turning on my pc last night to enjoy a bit of FM time I find i have the winPC antivirus bug. This has pretty much took over my pc now to the point were I am lucky to get the thing turned on. Anyway, it looks like I am going to have to take it to a pc shop. My point being is the only obvious solution is to wipe the pc..will I just be able to re-install Football Manager..and have I pretty much lost the most longest and successful season I have ever competed in on FM or CM ?

Any advice.

There is a possibility that the shop may be able to get some of the files off for you (they will almost certainly charge you!) I was going to ask after a memory stick I had went corrupt and I had some important documents on there, they said they could possibly get them but no guarentees

Google how to run in safe mode.

Google free antivirus/malware software.

Or try whichever ones came with your computer.

Sometimes they 'tag onto' (don't know the technical terminology) system restore which can cause them to come back at every reboot even if your antivirus gets rid of them so disabling this (google) before running an av might help.

I would try online like http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ or http://forums.majorgeeks.com/to see if you can get some free help to get rid of the nasties. But read the headers/guidelines before posting.

most of the time they root them selves into your boot files with the system 32 folder named similar to dll files so that some av scanners dont notice them. try booting ino safe mode(Either F8 or 12 and Startup) get hold of the precious fm file (i know what you mean it it important!!) and then have it wiped clean and start a fresh. They say it is best to wipe ypur pc every 6-12 months anyway provided you can back up pics and files and so on,this is just to keep it up to speed as they get sluggish after time

After turning on my pc last night to enjoy a bit of FM time I find i have the winPC antivirus bug. This has pretty much took over my pc now to the point were I am lucky to get the thing turned on. Anyway, it looks like I am going to have to take it to a pc shop. My point being is the only obvious solution is to wipe the pc..will I just be able to re-install Football Manager..and have I pretty much lost the most longest and successful season I have ever competed in on FM or CM ?

Any advice.

FYI, winPC antivirus is a virus itself (trojan). It doesn't have a "bug", it's designed to take over your PC.

Archived