Simply The Best

I recently finished my fourth season with man united and amazingly won all 7 competitions i entered.

Premier League

FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

Super Cup

World Club Championship

Champions League

My team is inherently the same as the starting united squad with only major new additions being Asenjo, Rafinha, Messi, and Aguero. Ronaldo is just immense with over 30 goals. I like to gloat but is there anyone out there with a comparable season, i would love to know.

Nice one, always good to win all 7, especially after only a few seasons and with only signing a few players.

Myself, I've also done this twice in a row with Farsley Celtic and am hoping to do it for the 3rd time in a row this season; only lost 2 games during those seasons (both in the League Cup semi-final 1st leg) :D

its hardly an achievemant. im sure hundreds of people have done the same thing numerous times. having it taken you 4 seasons to achieve this its hardly a groundbreaking achievment. can someone please close this utterly pointless thread

its hardly an achievemant. im sure hundreds of people have done the same thing numerous times. having it taken you 4 seasons to achieve this its hardly a groundbreaking achievment. can someone please close this utterly pointless thread

Bit harsh! But agreed, it's a good achievement but not that great an achievement with United, especially after 4 seasons - sorry fella ;)

For him it might be. He obviously feels like he has achieved something special. I know lots of people have probably done this but not everyone has the awesome ability to take pish teams to 7 trophy's. It is in my eye quite a decent achievement. As for closing the thread that comment is just ridiculous he has every right to post it.

Well done :thup:

For him it might be. He obviously feels like he has achieved something special. I know lots of people have probably done this but not everyone has the awesome ability to take pish teams to 7 trophy's. It is in my eye quite a decent achievement. As for closing the thread that comment is just ridiculous he has every right to post it.

Well done :thup:

+1

Gratz on winning the Sevenish (I know double and treble, but what tha heck would you call 7 prizes in 1 season? :p )

As a matter of fact since I started playing FM09 I haven't won any trophy at all yet :p

+1

Gratz on winning the Sevenish (I know double and treble, but what tha heck would you call 7 prizes in 1 season? :p )

As a matter of fact since I started playing FM09 I haven't won any trophy at all yet :p

Septuple.

And yeh... Doing it with Manchester United may not be the biggest achievement. Would be more impressive with a smaller team, but then... I managed to get United reglegated from PL first season once, so I'm not one to speak. :o

No why should the thread be closed? Its people like you that can put others off from posting. People buy this game and are happy that they have achieved something whether it be with Man Utd or Chelmsford. As far as I am aware this is a public board for all players to be ableto make posts, unless SI and team do not approve of people posting their success unless it is with a team that starts in BSN etc.

Sometimes i see posts that slag other members and personally the attacker is probably just trying to make themselves look a bit big. Internet = Anyone they want to be. In Real Life = Someone who wouldnt say boo to a ghost.

Maybe you should leave the moderating to the moderators?

To the OP - well played. I couldn't do that even with Man United. :thup:

I recently finished my fourth season with man united and amazingly won all 7 competitions i entered.

Premier League

FA Cup

League Cup

Community Shield

Super Cup

World Club Championship

Champions League

My team is inherently the same as the starting united squad with only major new additions being Asenjo, Rafinha, Messi, and Aguero. Ronaldo is just immense with over 30 goals. I like to gloat but is there anyone out there with a comparable season, i would love to know.

Well done on what you achieved,most ive managed is a double (champs league and prem win)
Crawl back under your rock...WUM =wind up merchant

hold on im not saying anything against his achievmant i just dont understand he why he has to tell the world. to me the forums arnt supposed to be about how amazing someone has been. its meant to share our experiences not gloat and brag about it. the forums are meant to be about helping each other out and fixing problems that people are experiencing in order to make the game better. im not winding anyone up i just dont see why this has to be broadcast

hold on im not saying anything against his achievmant i just dont understand he why he has to tell the world. to me the forums arnt supposed to be about how amazing someone has been. its meant to share our experiences not gloat and brag about it. the forums are meant to be about helping each other out and fixing problems that people are experiencing in order to make the game better. im not winding anyone up i just dont see why this has to be broadcast

The forums are about whatever the owners allow. If they dont like bragging I am sure they will put a stop to it. If anything I would say its a good thing as if you read there are people that have problems with Man Utd so this thread actually shows SI that success can be achieved, if it was all problems at winning things then they might think there is a problem.

Forums are not all about just problems that need fixing, this section is General Discussion whereas there are specific areas for problems whether it be problems with the game running, tactical advise, player advise etc.

The guy is proud of what he has done and wanted to share it.....if it offends you in anyway you didnt have to comment just accept it that he was happy.

You was saying something about his achievment,you belittled it,re-read what you wrote the first time round,maybe it wasn't intended as a troll,but it certainly sounded like it to me.

the only thing that got me was him saying i like to gloat. i have no problem if someone comes on and states what he has achieved as everyone is proud of their games obviously. it just seemed that he was trying to challange people and say that he was the best. maybe he didnt mean that. i didnt mean to upset anyone and im not trying to look hard or antagonize people. im sorry if i did i just felt that the way he addressed his post was a bit uncalled for thats all.

7 trophies in a season is incredible. I'd imagine the VAST majority of players have never done that. Doesn't matter if it took 4 seasons, it's still fantastic.

Others may have done it after bringing a club up throught the divisions (which I'm not be-littling), but they still needed world class players to do it.

I've yet to do more than a treble myself.

yes i have indeed done it with torquay. = on fm08. i took me about 20 yeasr to get there but once we got there we were unstoppable. we did it 2 years on the bounce and never lost a game over those 2 years. that was the life :D

Now go and try it again in FM09, I bet it's not gonna work and if it does after all at least it's going to take you way longer than 20 years.

Never one for gloating really. Maybe cause i rarely acheive anything in FM. But i am sure many people on the forums can achieve success.

But i do supose a congratulations is in order. Humble

It's a good achievement, as good as it gets, actually.

Winning 7 competitions with Torquay is sort of impossible - but obviously you guys mean that you build that squad to be the best in the world - which in that case is basically like winning it with Man Utd.

So yeah, good work on the achievement, don't let them get to you ._.

Thanks for the support im getting from some people barring the typical cynics that suck the enjoyment out of the forums (eg Ashley7). I didnt mean to gloat i ment it as an invitation for others to share there achievements with mine. Whilst it may not seem that big an achievement to some, for me it was and im truly enjoying the FM09 experience. I know have achieved all i can at United so maybe i will do a "real" challenge and win something with a ***** club.

Archived