Syncing FM 2009. Has anyone managed to do it ?

Here's what I want: to play FM 2009 at work, although I don't have an admin account :p

In order to do this i want to use a syncing service, like Dropbox, or any other (i'm open to suggestions).

I haven't tried this yet, but i will in the following days. Just curious if it's even worth trying, or if anyone has managed to do this and has any tips :)

Btw, game is on steam... i hope this won't screw things up.

Here's what I want: to play FM 2009 at work, although I don't have an admin account :p

In order to do this i want to use a syncing service, like Dropbox, or any other (i'm open to suggestions).

I haven't tried this yet, but i will in the following days. Just curious if it's even worth trying, or if anyone has managed to do this and has any tips :)

Btw, game is on steam... i hope this won't screw things up.

Can't see this ever working to an acceptable level. Will be very slow playing over terminal service.

I know people who've tried this over remote desktop and it doesn't work, the matchday screen is just black.

Not only that but it will cause your bandwidth to spike massively, alerting your IT department to some strange goings on.

A little time consuming but not as bad as trying to play remotely. Bring your saved game to work, install FM via Steam. You can install on up to 5 computers no problem. Launch saved game. End of the 'work' day just copy your saved game to your USB flash drive or whatever you are using and bring it home. Save it your local computer at home and replace the old saved game.

A little time consuming but not as bad as trying to play remotely. Bring your saved game to work, install FM via Steam. You can install on up to 5 computers no problem. Launch saved game. End of the 'work' day just copy your saved game to your USB flash drive or whatever you are using and bring it home. Save it your local computer at home and replace the old saved game.

Yeah, that would be great if I could only manage to install steam and FM at work, but it seems I need admin rights to do that. Oh well, just home gaming then :(

If you aren't too bothered about the version, put all the files of FM08 onto a big enough flash drive, and then take it to work and just run it off the flash drive. I do it at college and it bypasses all security programs they have on your account because the computer just runs it as another .exe file (It doesnt realise its a game). The only thing you might need is a crack code unless the one in the retail box still works. Let us know if it works for you mate

Archived