FM Literature?

As I don't have FM around until next week, I need to kill some time/get rid of the abstinences. Therefore I'd like to find some literature on FM, to enhance my gaming experience. I'm a very experienced FM-manager; played since CM3 but due to different reasons I've only had the chance to play three or four seasons in FM09. I played 07 and 08 to death, though.

So far I only have the "Tactical Theorems and Frameworks", but there must be something similar, which is not on tactics.

Or you might enjoy some FM Fiction - there are plenty of great stories over in the "FM Stories" section. I'm particularly proud of my "Sharpening a Rusty Blade", of course, but there are many excellent authors plying their trade over there.

If you're looking more for T&TT articles, the "Bible" thread has links to many of the best. I recommend "Communication and Psychological Warfare", "Wolfsong's Guide to Team Talks", and the "Newbie tips" article. There's also Marc Vaughan's Hints and Tips Guide which is linked from the Bible.

I'd definately recommend FMS, like Roqy says. Firstly, try tenthreeleader's stuff- American Calcio, Rob Ridgway's Rat Pack, and The Lions of Barcelona. You should read Calcio before Rat Pack as they are in sequence, but Lions isn't.

Beyond tenthreeleader, try Copperhorse's "An American Pilgrimage" and "A Spartan Existence". Spav recently finished "I Done Bought Myself Olympiakos"- that's a great read and will make you laugh. I'm hesistant to recommend any more than that because people will complain that I've forgotten them, but most of the stuff in there is very high quality.

(Incidentally, check out my two stories- "There's No Time Like the Present" and "Call of Sport 2205: World at War" ;))

I'll provide you with links in a minute.

American Calcio

An American Pilgrimage

The others can be found on the first page in FMS

Archived