[Funny Bug]How to screw-up your game quickly.

1. Pick an Italian club (Haven't try with teams that actually have reserve league active e.q. English clubs)

2. In the end of season/the very start of new season, when every players is still in holiday, arrange a friendly match for reserve team as closest date as possible.

3. Continue. You will now have greyed out players in reserve squad if you do correctly. Now, using control, you can multiple select all the greyed out players.

4. Right click, Squad --> move to senior squad.

5. You will notice that the greyed out players have been replaced with another greyed out players.

*** It is worth a try to change the view option into "attributes", as sometimes the greyed out players have quite a stats.

6. Rinse and repeat.

Congratulations !

Now you have a screwed up senior squad (depending on how many times you do the above) with so many UNDISPOSABLE greyed out players.

1. Pick an Italian club (Haven't try with teams that actually have reserve league active e.q. English clubs)

2. In the end of season/the very start of new season, when every players is still in holiday, arrange a friendly match for reserve team as closest date as possible.

3. Continue. You will now have greyed out players in reserve squad if you do correctly. Now, using control, you can multiple select all the greyed out players.

4. Right click, Squad --> move to senior squad.

5. You will notice that the greyed out players have been replaced with another greyed out players.

*** It is worth a try to change the view option into "attributes", as sometimes the greyed out players have quite a stats.

6. Rinse and repeat.

Congratulations !

Now you have a screwed up senior squad (depending on how many times you do the above) with so many UNDISPOSABLE greyed out players.

Clever mate :) Ever tried to sign any of them? and if so are any of them any good

I just realised, if you don't want to wait until end of season, maybe can try to move all real reserve players to senior/U20 squad, arrange a friendly and thus will have greyed out players, too.

Didn't know exactly if that gonna work if the players are not on holiday.

One for sure, the screwed up squad can happen if you do that MANY times.

I have 409 , yep you don't read wrong, 409 players in senior squad.

Clever mate :) Ever tried to sign any of them? and if so are any of them any good

In fact, the bug out-clevered me.

Though the motive is to find cheap potential, if any, but the biggest problem is the players you don't want will NOT dissapear. Even if the "real" players already back from holiday.

In fact, the bug out-clevered me.

Though the motive is to find cheap potential, if any, but the biggest problem is the players you don't want will NOT dissapear. Even if the "real" players already back from holiday.

Will they disappear if you move them back to the reserve squad?

In an older patch, for FM08, this used to be abusable because Italian grey players were, to put it frankly, incredible - to the extent that you could pretty much relegate Kaká to the bench.

However, these grey players are rubbish - worse than the worst of your youngsters. I had one who had a CA of 1, and PA of 1, for example.

I wonder how the AI does with this squad, though.

In an older patch, for FM08, this used to be abusable because Italian grey players were, to put it frankly, incredible - to the extent that you could pretty much relegate Kaká to the bench.

Yep.

It is 8.2.0 or 8.0.2 (?) , i recall, but it don't happen anymore with the final patch.

In FM 9.3.0, they sucks big time :D But not when they played for AI teams, though ???

Archived