FAO SI - We need your word.

I have been reading these forums for years now, and I, among others would like to make this topic the last time this question will be asked because we are officially requesting a promise or a confirmation from SI.

Dear SI

Football Manager 2009 is indeed the most enjoyable in the series, however, adding 3D is a frightening prospect, because it springs to mind immediately that 2D will be gone sooner rather than later.

We are asking you not to do it, and we need your word on that.

3D is awesome for viewing highlights - nothing more.

I am one of those people who watch every game when its important, when there is a challenge I watch full match on 2D so i can see "THE WHOLE VIEW" from "UP THERE" and see "EXACTLY" what is happening and how my players are spread on the field.

things you could not see with 3D.

Just do not remove 2d.

I fail to understand those people who play only commentary or only 3d, you need to see how your players are moving, you need to see everything, you need to be in charge, and nothing provides this than 2D with your brain doing the rest of the imagination.

3D=OK

this whole new 2d = big time epic fail. i dont understand how people at SI didn't really notice that its disgusting, the pitch, the way the players move, the big dots, the smoother than normal movement, its just horrible and i hope this is not what SI thinks of as "the 2d of the future" just leave the current 2d alone and we will buy the game.

I have failed my last two exams because I was in a season with a couple of friends, and I am studing hardware engineering and already wasted 2 years in army.

You have to know and feel how much i love playing this game in order to FAIL and exam due to my "priorities" which puts FM first.

I'd rather not imagine how would I feel if SI decides to continue with this new "improved" 2D or if it removes the 2d for once and leaves us with 3d.

Please, promise us all, here in this topic, and let us sleep with a peaceful mind.

This is all,

Thanks.

Ridiculous post in my honest opinion.

I watch every game in 3D mode, full match and I can see exactly what is going on. It's not perfect but it is definately a step in the right direction.

I do not use 2D and I really no longer need it.

Just because you still use 2D and believe that it helps your managerial and tactical skills, it does not mean it is the same view everyone else has. Thus, there is no real need for SI to make any promise.

I doubt SI will come out and make ANY promise of ANY kind, it just isn't in their best interests to make a promise now, that they might not be able to keep in the future, especially with the game in a huge developmental/evolutionary stage of it's entire existance.

With that said, 2D came into the game many years ago, and people thought "text only" would be removed. However it has always remained and I believe SI will more than likely hold on to their beloved 2D view as well.

The blobs will always hold a special place in my heart, as I grew up with them + the text modes, but 3D is the only way forward.

I suggest you get back to your studies, putting a game ahead of your LIFE is a bit idiotic.

People like you are 5-15% of total FM 09 players.

And you know that because....??? :rolleyes:

Ontopic though: I'm sure SI won't remove 2D at least for some years to come. They simply can't as long as 3D isn't working perfectly, which I'm pretty sure still won't be in FM10...

I don't think they'll be removing 2d or commentary as these vehicles for viewing the games is what has made the game what it is today. I used to love commentary then 2d came in, i dropped the commentary for the new, sparkly way to watch it in 2d. Then 3d came along and again i dropped the 2d for the new 3d. Although i no longer use the two previous ways to watch the games, alot of people still do and will continue do to so...commentary and 2d will always be synonymous with CM/FM...as will 3d..eventually.

People like you are 5-15% of total FM 09 players.

no people like him are 5-15% of posters. The people who are happy don't winge about it.

The unhappy will always appear greater in number because they whine the loudest.

You can see almost the whole pitch and player movement in 3D - the ellevated rolling view shows this, and I use it when my team hits a bad spot of form.

But I agree it would be a mistake to remove 2D - the gamers who like this would likely abandon the series. Nice to see a quick reply from SI too.

To OP:

Your post is ridiculous on many levels, not least that fact that you address your letter to SI then later in the letter address the reader of the post:

i.e. "Dear SI" then you say "...if SI decides..."

Using words like "Epic Fail" make you sound like a ridiculous fanboy and anyone with any sense will just ignore you.

Anyway dude... relax...

The fact is that not all PC's or Macs can run the 3D stuff. And SI aren't about to disenfranchise a quarter of their audience. It just doesn't make any business sense.

I suggest you get your life in order and start worrying about other things in your life. Saying how FM made you fail your exams does not make you sound like a bigger fan of the game, it makes you sound like an idiot.

• Administrators

This question has been answered and nothing else really needs saying on this issue so I'm going to close this before people start getting out of hand. Cheers.

Archived