Going Professional...

How do I go about it - im semi-pro at the minute, and im sure on the old versions once you got all your players on full time contracts the club turned professional? Well Mission accomplished, I got rid of some part timers, got everybody else on full time except the young lads of course on youth deals, but nothing has happened.

How do I become full time?

I was hoping this was about an opportunity to become a professional FM player. :(

I think League Two should do it. I've heard people suggest things like signing everybody to pro contracts or getting your finances up, but promotion's the only time I've ever seen it happen.

Your board will decide whether to turn the club professional. Indeed it's a big pro to have all your contracts to be full time and the higher your league the bigger the chance they will. I played at Dag & Red once and if I recall correctly I turned pro when I promoted to the League 2...

You will turn pro automatically when you are in a fully professional league - e.g. League Two

Offering professional contracts will not affect the decision, and there is nothing you can say to the board to ask them to turn the club Professional. Just the way the game mechanics are I'm afraid, although I'm not too sure how much that differs from real life.

You will turn pro automatically when you are in a fully professional league - e.g. League Two

Offering professional contracts will not affect the decision, and there is nothing you can say to the board to ask them to turn the club Professional. Just the way the game mechanics are I'm afraid, although I'm not too sure how much that differs from real life.

Trust me, it differs. Soon enough near enough all of the Conference sides will be full time.

On FM07 i turned pro while still in the BSP, so it was possible then and i assume still is.

Having players or staff on FT contracts makes no difference to turning pro, however it will help the players to improve and hence the club achieve more.

I think the main factor is the reputation of the club, once over a certain figure the club will turn pro, promotion to L2 takes clubs over this figure. As a figure it was ca 1700-1800.

Its possible on fm09 that finances come into it as well, as numbers of staff and scouting areas are dependant on finances but seemed to depend on reputation on previous fm's

Archived