The Last straw

Right to be honest i will NEVER buy this game again. Had way to many problems and now am startin to get p****d off!.

For a start, i got the game the day it came out and it wouldnt work, then the game can bever seem to reload saved games. got to keep puttin the serial key in everytime a want to play and now its the final straw, after spending loads of time playin as Ipswich i started to dominate......... then saved it to go out, when i came home "Football manager 2009 is running dangerously low on memory please quit and free up some memory" what the hells this on about, Ill be sticking hot pins in my eyes before i even think about buyin football mananger 2010.

Sports Interactive after this game has gone way downhill, only intrested in the money not the customers!

AND al probably get banned for this rant but so f**k am sick of this game havin' problems! wish i could sue to get my money back!

My pc has 1 terabyte hard drive, and 3gb of ram the only thing on the pc is football manager and msn, i scan for spam etc everyday !

SI SORT IT OUT!

I have never had any of your problems, but I am sure there is a solution to them...

Same here...

500GB hard disk with around 200GB free space, 4GB memory and a quad-core running at 2.9GHz (overclocked from 2.67GHz). All running smoothly, just had to activate once and it never shut down without me asking for it.

I'd suggest a clean uninstall and re-install. My game worked fine from day one until two weeks ago when I got the same message. It was obviously an issue with my computer, as it had been playing up for a while, overheating and such like. The re-install fixed it.

Just bought a new laptop, BTW, doubled my memory, and it's like an entirely different game. Thought the game looked smooth and ran fine before, but by god it's beautiful now.

Bought the game using steam and never had any problems at all, even with my mid-spec 3 yr old pc. How about you head to the technical forum to see what others have done to avoid any problem.

You wouldn't ring a bmw dealer whining that the nice shiny car is crap when you use lowspec tyres.

There would be no point having an official rant thread. Not only would it not get used and people would still post new rants on a daily basis, but it would encourage people to post unconstructive criticism, which helps no-one.

OP, it sounds like a problem with your machine mate. Try running a couple more games if you have them as you say you only run MSN and FM2009 there so it might not be FM09 it may be your machine. Running only 2 things on your machine it would be a little premature to blame the game. Try running some tests first see if anythng comes up.

There should be an offical rant thread so this crap stops appearing everywhere

And there should be people here with brains so there wouldnt be stupid posts like this in every thread where people are ****ed of, wouldnt you be ****ed off if you wasnt able to play your favorite game ? FM09 is the worst fm game yet... Only because of all the damm problems, never had this many problems with any games before, hell even my old laptop used to eat fm08 for breakfast, now i cant even play fm09 properly on my great "big" computer.

I run crysis on high and fm09 lags, have problems like the OP all the time and what not.

Rather than ranting, try searching, chances are someone has had and sorted the same problem as you!

I did that and posted in the thread with my problem ! But SI havent bothered responding to it in months.... I guess they got their money and are happy.

And there should be people here with brains so there wouldnt be stupid posts like this in every thread where people are ****ed of, wouldnt you be ****ed off if you wasnt able to play your favorite game ? FM09 is the worst fm game yet... Only because of all the damm problems, never had this many problems with any games before, hell even my old laptop used to eat fm08 for breakfast, now i cant even play fm09 properly on my great "big" computer.

We understand that the opening poster will have frustrations considering their problem. What I don't understand is, instead of ranting on here why not use this forum to find or ask for help with the problem?

The fact is that plenty of people are playing the game without experiencing the problem described in the OP, so having an unconstructive rant is not going to get you the help you need. Doing some searching or posting constructively first to ask for help could lead to a solution to the problem, which is surely better than ranting like a child is it not?

We understand that the opening poster will have frustrations considering their problem. What I don't understand is, instead of ranting on here why not use this forum to find or ask for help with the problem?

The fact is that plenty of people are playing the game without experiencing the problem described in the OP, so having an unconstructive rant is not going to get you the help you need. Doing some searching or posting constructively first to ask for help could lead to a solution to the problem, which is surely better than ranting like a child is it not?

Seconded :thup::)

All ranters just want to rant. If the OP would like to fix his problem with the game it would have come back asking more questions about it instead of writing a rant and then run away. I have no sympathy for people like that.

Sionko, I've read all your posts and the majority have been poor rhetorically comments, and you are very arrogant in putting your though forward. I would personally not answer to a person that uses the F word every sentence......

If you want to be assisted you should change your attitude....

The fact is i have been constructive and searched and searched and other people on the forum got the same problem including my only other friend who plays fm. But SI dont care as they already got our money... Oh sorry they are making fm10... To get more of our money with a buggy game. So much for including a fancy 3d pitch when it completely messed up the game.

All ranters just want to rant. If the OP would like to fix his problem with the game it would have come back asking more questions about it instead of writing a rant and then run away. I have no sympathy for people like that.

Sionko, I've read all your posts and the majority have been poor rhetorically comments, and you are very arrogant in putting your though forward. I would personally not answer to a person that uses the F word every sentence......

If you want to be assisted you should change your attitude....

Well my old user got banned for you know... complaining about a game i cant play ! I have been constructive and not whining until 2 months went by with no answers or updates that they are working on the stuttering me and lots of other people got. It's pathetic, i had my old user here since 2004 and never had trouble until the release of this game and got banned for complaining.

The fact is i have been constructive and searched and searched and other people on the forum got the same problem including my only other friend who plays fm. But SI dont care as they already got our money... Oh sorry they are making fm10... To get more of our money with a buggy game. So much for including a fancy 3d pitch when it completely messed up the game.

Unfortunately I have not seen any mention of what actual problems you yourself are experiencing so have no idea how constructive the thread was or how useful any help you were given was.

In this case we're talking about the opening poster of this thread, who certainly hasn't been constructive and hasn't asked for help, or posted in a way that will encourage people to help him. And considering he's only made two posts on the forums I doubt he's asked for help previously and not been satisfied with the answers (or lack of) given.

Well my old user got banned for you know... complaining about a game i cant play ! I have been constructive and not whining until 2 months went by with no answers or updates that they are working on the stuttering me and lots of other people got. It's pathetic, i had my old user here since 2004 and never had trouble until the release of this game and got banned for complaining.

So you've just admitted to being an alias. Well done.

For the record, no one gets banned for complaining about the game. So I don't believe for a second that this is why you were previously banned. Anyway, it doesn't matter now as you'll soon be banned again for having an alias account. Bye, bye.

So you've just admitted to being an alias. Well done.

For the record, no one gets banned for complaining about the game. So I don't believe for a second that this is why you were previously banned. Anyway, it doesn't matter now as you'll soon be banned again for having an alias account. Bye, bye.

I know i just admitted to it, but i dont care... It takes 1 min max to make a new account and i'm on proxy anyway so no ip ban.

But if you hate the game so much and are not happy with the help you recieved then why bother making new accounts and coming back? Is that not just sad?

Why not just sell the game and move on if you're really that unhappy with it?

As an example I'd like to link this thread. Here the OP had a problem with the game and asked for help, without ranting like a spoiled child.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=125068

Within a few minutes both board members and SI staff had pointed them in the direction of a solution. See what happens when you don't have an attitude?

But if you hate the game so much and are not happy with the help you recieved then why bother making new accounts and coming back? Is that not just sad?

Why not just sell the game and move on if you're really that unhappy with it?

Because as i said it's my favorite game but the bugs and SI's ignorance is ****ing me off.

I reckon SI should make a "sticky" for all those that want to rant and get it off there chest :D
do like i said....make a sticky for all the whingers,at least it'll stop rants like this in future and keep it to one thread

do like i said....make a sticky for all the whingers,at least it'll stop rants like this in future and keep it to one thread

As Chopper said, and I agree, it won't work. Since ranters first objective is to disrupt the forum and SI reputation, they will never stick on a thread. They'll be sure that their pointless though is well advertised throughout the forums with strong negative titles.....

My though is: just ignore rants, don't reply to them and hopefully ranters will eventually get bored (don't forget that another main ranters objective is to instigate the forum users).

And there should be people here with brains so there wouldnt be stupid posts like this in every thread where people are ****ed of, wouldnt you be ****ed off if you wasnt able to play your favorite game ?

I've just been accused of having no brains by someone who can't successfully construct a sentance using the English language, a language which is the second most commonly spoken in the world. Get a grip of your career and try to keep your toys in the pram next time you decide to have a paddy:D

As an example I'd like to link this thread. Here the OP had a problem with the game and asked for help, without ranting like a spoiled child.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=125068

Within a few minutes both board members and SI staff had pointed them in the direction of a solution. See what happens when you don't have an attitude?

Couldn't have said it better myself!

For those of you who whine, whine quietly please, these forums aren't really for that purpose!

I've just been accused of having no brains by someone who can't successfully construct a sentance using the English language, a language which is the second most commonly spoken in the world. Get a grip of your career and try to keep your toys in the pram next time you decide to have a paddy:D

Yeah he couldnt successfully construct a "sentance", at least learn to spell words right before you start to make fun of people from other countries ( i am guessing Czech republic from his name) and their language skills, not everyone are born and raised in a english speaking country and believe it or not it's not all countries where you learn that much english.

These rant threads really make me laugh. Who in their right mind posts on a message board to vent their frustrations? I can just visualise the OP punching the keys really hard with his index fingers, bitter tears of frustration running down his cheeks.

Some perspective needed perhaps?

Im not going to rant but find fm09 the worst in the series and will not be buying fm10 the first time since 1992 in the franchise. The game has not improved in game play wise and the media interaction i just find so boring and unecessary.

FM07 was way the best in the revamped series and FM08 was nothing more than a small update which they seem to make a full game out of it but with

FM09 the 3d engine was the only highlight from the game and the rest was just a update from fm08 so i will expect FM10 to not make a big splash as all we seem to get these days is a update of minor tweaks each year it comes out.

Would have to be a big change in direction for me to return to the retail series as i feel they have taken the game as far as they can in its current format.

Archived