Lost confidence in managers ability! What gives?

3rd in premership, 2nd round knock out EURO cup, lost in League cup final, in semi final of FA cup.....

players have lost confidence in my ability.....

board are concerned about lack of harmony as are supporters.

Still listed as safe on job vacancies and only been in job for this season.

What gives? How do I restore confidence?...its not through winning games, we're stoating everybody 4 or 5 nil!

I'm confused.com!

Could be several things; finances, players signed, player interaction, etc. Think about anything that would make you annoyed irl with your team and then they are usually applied in the game. Can you think of any reason of the above that could be a cause of this?

Recent form has me beating PSV 6-1 at home first leg of EURO cup, I beat Benfica 5-1 away first leg. Won last four premiership games on the spin. Playing as Newcastle, loads of dosh, limited signings to four in summer, just don't get it.

I am at a loss then, there is usually a good reason for these things but like you have stated, there does not seem to be. I'd suggest posting in the bugs forum and they might be able to give you better answers there

I am at a loss then, there is usually a good reason for these things but like you have stated, there does not seem to be. I'd suggest posting in the bugs forum and they might be able to give you better answers there

Thanks, I'm not sure its a bug, I'm just convinced I've done something to upset someone, been too critical or rejected a bid for them. I've decided to see this season out with with Magpies and head off to sunnier climes.....Celtic Park here I come!

Thanks for your help though!

3rd in premership, 2nd round knock out EURO cup, lost in League cup final, in semi final of FA cup.....

players have lost confidence in my ability.....

board are concerned about lack of harmony as are supporters.

Still listed as safe on job vacancies and only been in job for this season.

What gives? How do I restore confidence?...its not through winning games, we're stoating everybody 4 or 5 nil!

I'm confused.com!

It depends on why the players lost confidence in your ability :thup:

Probably from media interaction, I had this with villa when I answered a question about a match vs ac Milan in the uefa cup, I said "we have a chance if we do well", my players disagree :p

How good is your reputation? It must have been something you did in the transfers... may be you sold an important player or reject an offer from higher reputed club (Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal... etc) I don't think it is something you did on the field but rather off the field.

And if you want suggestion on where to go after Newcastle, try the Bundesliga. Very competitive am lovin it ;)

How good is your reputation? It must have been something you did in the transfers... may be you sold an important player or reject an offer from higher reputed club (Real Madrid, AC Milan, Arsenal... etc) I don't think it is something you did on the field but rather off the field.

And if you want suggestion on where to go after Newcastle, try the Bundesliga. Very competitive am lovin it ;)

Thanks but I only loaded Scotland and England...I know poor choice really. Thanks for the advice between you and Wlv I reckon i shouted my mouth off in a media conference and the players took umbridge with it. I think I'll just do a Sir Alex and send my assistant in future!

My assistant did something similar as well! When being asked anything about my chances in the next game/competition/tactics I choose the neutral reply

My assistant did something similar as well! When being asked anything about my chances in the next game/competition/tactics I choose the neutral reply

I'll bear that in mind for future...although I do like to make rash statements and back it up with a few additional expletives just to add a bit of spice to big games you understand!

Sell him.

But honestly, the confidence thing is a crap.

I'm a manager with "World Class" status. And 2 of my "Local" and "Regional" players have that "Lost confidence in manager ability" and "Struggling to play for me when the manager have such low reputation".

What do he expect ? Galactic Class ? LOL

Sell him.

But honestly, the confidence thing is a crap.

I'm a manager with "World Class" status. And 2 of my "Local" and "Regional" players have that "Lost confidence in manager ability" and "Struggling to play for me when the manager have such low reputation".

What do he expect ? Galactic Class ? LOL

same problem here lol with fernando torres

lost confidence jsut means they don't like you - they worded it wrong so that even if it's nothing to do with reputation, it stillsays that it is.

Exactly, I tried to offload a player that had huge wages at the club. So I offered him out and he found out about it, he then hated me and before matches it said he lost confidence in my ability and cant play for a manager he doesnt respect or something. Ethier way I just shoved him into the reserves and now waiting for his contract to expire.

• 9 months later...

Hi

I'm in my 4th season with sheff wed and have the same issue! out of no where my squad all have "slt" and says "has lost confidence in their managers ability!

my 1st season i came 8th in champ

2nd season won champ

3rd season won the first 6 games!!! then dropped down to 11th, then finished 8th.

Pre season i had alot of old deadwood from players i used to get me promoted such as darren purse, michael ball and tommy miller and i signed beckham, ronaldinho and delfounso.

my season started average, but then had to play the top 4. i lost heavily to man utd 3-0 and 3-1 to chelsea, but beat liverpool 1-0, drew with man city and arsenal. in decemberand still in europe, joined top of group stages with AZ. i'm now 10th in prem and out of nowhere marcus tudgay declared "he had been treated unfairly" and my squad have now turned against me and my form has gone so bad! another thing i have noticed is i have always got 2 defenders playing below 6.0 everygame, and each game it is a different 2!

HELP!

Cheers

p.s. how would i post a screenshot of my team?

Archived