Putting the assistant manager in charge of friendlies

I have done this in the last 2 seasons and there have been some ridiculous selections like playing under 18s when I have a 23 man first team squad and about 15 backup players in the reserves, all available.:confused:

I dont really care if he plays his own formation or which players he plays as long as my team (or the majority of) are fit come the first game of the season - thats the league, not the charity shield which is a glorified friendly anyway lol

I usually pick my formation and tactic prior to every pre-season game and then go on holiday with 'keep same tactics and formation where possible' ticked. This means my Assman doesn't have a choice of who he plays. I never use the 'Assman takes charge of friendly matches' because as it has been said already they seem to choose some quite random team selections at times.

i dont mind what my assman does in the pre-season friendlies. I always put him in charge of the game pre-season and as long as he gets my players fit and doesnt get beat really badly i dont mind what he does.

I have found that the fit players wont be used and he tends to rotate until everyone has played enough games to get their match fitness up.

Archived