Game has slowed right up only 4 seasons in. Suggestions?

My game has got very slow and I am about 3 months into the 5th season. It's ridiculously slow when processing results on a staurday for example, but also the 'day to day' action, such as dragging players around to substitute them, loading up the stadium on match day and even clicking through my inbox has got noticeably slower. This is not something I have experienced before. Also seems odd as my new pc (3.0 Ghz duo, 3gb ram) was murdering the leagues I had set up before.

Has anyone got any suggestions to try and speed it up? I don't run any other programs. I have never witnessed 'slowing' this rapid in previous versions of the game, so maybe my pc is as fault, but i doubt it.

Cheers in advance.

Maybe you are running too many leagues. I run three (England, Spain and Italy) and it's still as fast as ever in 2026.

I run 16 leagues in total and a medium database, i.e. more than reccomended. But it ran really smoothly for the first 3 or 4 seasons, so I felt it would be ok long term.

16 leagues is a bit much. There's no way there'd be no slow down with that many.

Cheers for the reply. It seems I've been a bit overambitious. Not going to leave this game though, so I'll get a good book!

What do you reckon is a sensible number of leagues for future games?

Hang on.

I run 24 leagues from 17 nations on a 3gig, 2.00GHz dual core laptop and my game runs fine in 2034, so maybe there's another problem thats started the slow-down.

I know people have different opinions on a 'fine' running speed, but mine isn't slow like the OP described.

I don't know what the other computer problem may be 'cos i'm not really computer savvy.

Just thought i'd say you may not have been overambitious.

Archived