Sell and Rebuild *Player Naming*

To inject a bit of fun into my existing Benfica save, I have decided to sell my whole squad of internationals and only play homegrown talent. After winning the league and CL for 3 years in a row and having some of the best players in the world, I thought it would be an interesting challenge to make the most of my youth academy.

I'm interested to see how quickly my club valuation drops, my club reputation drops and what level of success I will have.

Luckily I have two quality regen centrebacks as a solid foundation to build on, and the Portugese league is fairly easy so even average regens with a decent amount of games behind them have a chance of doing well.

I've been preparing for this change, so I've been tutoring, teaching PPMs, and loaning out my good youth players for the last 3 seasons, and I'm confident I'm in a stage where they shouldn't do too badly, although they'll need some time to gel.

Example of the mass exodus from my club

Has anyone else tried only using homegrown talent?

That's a pretty cool idea, CaptainPlanet. I may do this at some point.

Also, I'm truly impressed that you got so much money for your foreign stars. Quick question: Are you allowing yourself to buy other Portuguese players from within Portugal and from around the world? Or are you going solely with youth players?

Archived