Am i the only one who uses only text commentary?

Maybe i'm oldschool but i never use anything else then text commentary.I don't have so much time to watch every game on pitch,but to be honest i hate watching games on a pitch.My opinion is that 3d will never be able to represent the game in a normal way.When i see people on this forums whining about how they aren't able to see fans in stadium,that's why they are disappointed with the game and stupid reasons like that,it's so silly.Who cares about fifa match engine,the game is crap,it has nothing to do with management simulation.I would like to see improvements in this game but all of them have nothing to do with 2d or 3d ME.If you ask me i would like this game to see without any pitch,to view it only in text,cause this game is all about imagining.

I always watch games in Full Match mode. Helps me see how my tactics are coping with the oppositions. Only started doing it after reading about some guy who did it on these forums. Couldn't go back now, no way. It really slows down my game, and it takes forever to play a season, but makes the game so much more immersive. Because I can perhaps only play one game a day I spend a lot more time working on minor tactical tweaks that will nullify the opponents better players, and I think I am a better manager for it.

Maybe i'm oldschool but i never use anything else then text commentary.I don't have so much time to watch every game on pitch,but to be honest i hate watching games on a pitch.My opinion is that 3d will never be able to represent the game in a normal way.When i see people on this forums whining about how they aren't able to see fans in stadium,that's why they are disappointed with the game and stupid reasons like that,it's so silly.Who cares about fifa match engine,the game is crap,it has nothing to do with management simulation.I would like to see improvements in this game but all of them have nothing to do with 2d or 3d ME.If you ask me i would like this game to see without any pitch,to view it only in text,cause this game is all about imagining.

I understand what you mean, BUT there has to be major improvements each year otherwise no-one would buy the game just for database updates etc

its like every year has to be better than the last in order to justify buying the game again and again

but i do understand what you mean, the 3d would never be able to represent fully how the game is played in real life. To be honest i hate the 3d in this years game, the ball physics are just pathetic, along with the player animations which i know are quite a few, are simply not enough and doesnt re-create real football

FM10 is a make-it-or-break-it for me, as i just feel if anything i would go back to FM07 instead of wasting my money on a new FM that never quite delivers as is the case for the previous couple of years

Rant over!

I always watch games in Full Match mode. Helps me see how my tactics are coping with the oppositions. Only started doing it after reading about some guy who did it on these forums. Couldn't go back now, no way. It really slows down my game, and it takes forever to play a season, but makes the game so much more immersive. Because I can perhaps only play one game a day I spend a lot more time working on minor tactical tweaks that will nullify the opponents better players, and I think I am a better manager for it.

Now there's a great argument in favour of 3d

maybe this years game will improve a lot (here's hoping!)

. To be honest i hate the 3d in this years game, the ball physics are just pathetic, along with the player animations which i know are quite a few, are simply not enough and doesnt re-create real football

It doesn't bother me that the 3D doesn't accurately represent the football I watch at matches or on TV. It is just another way of representing the ebb and flow of the match visually. Before I had a new laptop I watched the dots, and now I have a bit more beefy computer I watch 3D. It's the movement, the positioning of the players, the height of my D-line that I watch out for, not how silky the animation is when one of my players crosses the ball.

In fact, that highlights just the way I view the 3D match engine. I get quite frustrated that my wide players make a habit of running to the byline, not stopping and just dribbling the ball out for a goal kick. This really frustrated me until I thought 'were I watching this as commentary, my imagination would have just told me that the defender pressured my lad into letting the ball run out.'

I think the secret is just to watch the 3D as a way to monitor tactics, rather than an accurate representation of a football match.

I watch in 2D because it gives me a much better sense of how my team is playing than just text. A MUCH MUCH better sense.

3D offers nothing more to me over 2D, and its ugly, so I don't use it.

You really should try a season of watching Key Highlights in 2D, you'll understand your team so much better!

Archived