What methods do you use to find regens?

Just wondering, is there a clever filter or search method one can use to find regens? Most of the time I stumble upon mine by chance.

I tend to look at the clubs that have good youth facilities and go through some of their youngsters, you can also go to another clubs youth team and change the view to squad status to see which players are listed as hot prospects. Otherwise just send your scouts out to different countries and youth competitions.

What season are you in because i am in the second and there is not good Regens at all.

What leagues do you have loaded? What database size are you using? and have you loaded all players from any countries?

In 2011, and there are 14 regens with a PA of 190+. The highest is 199. Interestingly, there are 3 Mexicans in that list, one being the 199 PA regen

Overall their are:

2 Argentinians

1 Czech

1 Ecuadorian

3 English

2 French

2 Germans

3 Mexicans

The 3 english players currently play for League 1 Burnley and League 1 Mk Dons, and SPL side Motherwell. Interesting one there.

Akin Clifton is a first teamer for Burnley, with a CA of 120, and Gareth Widdowson is a first-teamer for MK Dons with a CA of 88.

Use this thread, and run a search in each country starting on the relevant date for players under the age of 18 with a 20/20 scout.

For the smaller countries you can go to their national team, click the Domestic tab, and search through each club individually (Club>Transfers>Transferred From Youth Team)

Hope that helped!

What leagues do you have loaded? What database size are you using? and have you loaded all players from any countries?

I Have these selected:

England, prem, champ, league 1

Spain top division

Scotland top division

Portugal top division

Germany top division

France top division

Holland top division

Brazil top division

Argentina top division

Italy top division

i go to search. then age is at most 16

then twice a year i look at the new regen's coming through, if your a top top club you may only find 1 good regen every 2 years if your preston north end you could find plenty ;)

the twice a year thing is in the summer when the new season starts thats when the new batch of european youngsters come through, after christmas thats when you get the south american youngsters coming through

A very bizzarre trend in all of my games dating back to 06, is Irish, Welsh and Northern Irish regens. They stick out like a sore thumb in teams like Bray Wanderers, Newport etc. You have 4 or 5 players all worth around 3 or 4 k then some hotshot who its worth over a 100k, it doesnt take a genius to work out this guy might be good. Try that. Australia is another hotbed for me, in regards to regens, although overcoming work permit problems can be a nightmare

I am old fashioned. I go through under 19 international squads on my own, under 21's on my own, and scout players on intuition (aka I guess) or just the whole squads. I offer trials to anyone and everyone if I can't see their stats, especially international regens who are in the international squad with no current club.

I also wait until midpoint in the European season (just after winter) and go through pretty much all of the major divisions under 19 squads looking for players that average over 7.00 in the under 19 games or that seem to score a lot of goals.

I religiously scout the released players at the end of every season also.

The joys of managing down in those lower leagues!

I Have these selected:

England, prem, champ, league 1

Spain top division

Scotland top division

Portugal top division

Germany top division

France top division

Holland top division

Brazil top division

Argentina top division

Italy top division

Send scouts to the youth competitions of these countries and sign any player that are cheap and have potential to become leading prem stars. This has worked brilliantly for my Sunderland side, I also sign a few that have less than leading that I think can make it.

What season are you in because i am in the second and there is not good Regens at all.

They'll only just have been generated, so you're unlikely to have many ready-made first teamers around, are you? :p

Archived