Some has gone wrong!

Probably another pointless piece of info from Some Guy... who is intent on spamming with "legit topics" that barely get away with being something "general" to actually talk about.

Perhaps describing what the keeper did along with the video, would be helpful mate.

Also, cencoring swearing in any way shape or form is attacking freedom of speech no matter how culturally acceptable it is these days.

There is also the problem of varying meanings of words. Such as gay, ass, crap and such. Some people get highly offended by these normal words because someone came up with slang meanings for them. So yeah, I also don't give a crap if there are children going around, if they're too young to be exposed to swearing, then they are too young to be by themselves on the internet, or even on a forum in the first place. Culture might vary meanings, but there is no way that you can say that the internet is safe you young people.

Originally posted by Some guy....:

Also, cencoring swearing in any way shape or form is attacking freedom of speech no matter how culturally acceptable it is these days.

There is also the problem of varying meanings of words. Such as gay, ass, crap and such. Some people get highly offended by these normal words because someone came up with slang meanings for them. So yeah, I also don't give a crap if there are children going around, if they're too young to be exposed to swearing, then they are too young to be by themselves on the internet, or even on a forum in the first place. Culture might vary meanings, but there is no way that you can say that the internet is safe you young people.

I'm interested in how you might believe censoring swearing on a fan-orientated site discussing a specific product has anything whatsoever to do with free speech. I'm sure there are misty parallels forming somewhere in your mind, but, really, they have no substance.

I have no time for political correctness of any kind, but I equally have no time for people who substitute a swear word for a more exact lexical option and then defend themselves as being advocates of free speech. I also have very little time for anyone who believes his own definition of free speech is morally superior to rules imposed by the forum in which he is posting and decides he thus has every right to ignore and break them, and then deride the moderator who 'unfairly' punished him.

Either post within the circumference of our rules or find another forum. Simple as.

By the way, the first sentance is ironic. See if you can spot where icon_wink.gif

Wow, so ironic you needed to point it out, I am impressed.

There is nothing superior in what I said because it is the basis of Freedom of Speech. Freedom of Speech is not all but... And you can't just say we can be against Freedom because it's OUR forum. Well, you can, but... Not really in the spirit of the Free World now is it.

The only reason I say this is because I find your reason sightly unusual and if you have noticed I haven't been blatantly swearing through any of this, which does seem to indicate that I have listened to the lack of punishment I got. It just seems strange to cencor the cencors too... Why would a thread be locked if the name had already been cencored. Now that is rediculous... If something I wrote has already been reduced to **** then you shouldn't block it further.

You still ignored the irony though, even after I had pointed it out icon_smile.gif

Freedom of speech and institutional rules have nothing to do with each other. When you join any institution (such as this forum) you agree to abide by its rules. The rules here forbid swearing. Our censoring software does most of the job for us, but in order to stop the forum being clogged up with **** thread after **** thread we close them and make explicit the reason why.

If, however, you wish to complain in a public arena about public and private activties that you disagree with, you should have every right to do so and in the language you so wish. That is freedom of speech. However, I'd respectfully suggest that the more colourful your choice of language, the greater likelihood of your being ignored.

You are mixing systems that have no correlation with each other.

Originally posted by TheFuzzyOne:

I am utterly confused...

It's simple, this forum is the property of Sports Interactive, when you sign up to it you agree to abide by its rules.

It doesn't have to be democratic although the mods strive to keep it reasonably so.

His PKM shows the goal keeper running out of goal after a kick off.

In the pkm, the keeper is clearly wearing his keeper outfit.

I had the same thing happen to me, the opponents keeper became an outfield player and ran to the wingers position. This left the goal empty for my striker to chip it in from about the half way line. The keeper changed back into his keeper outfit after the restart.

It has only happened once in 10 seasons. Unfortunately, as soon as the match ends and you go back to look at the highlights or PKM, the keeper is once again wearing his normal outfit.

Originally posted by wwfan:

You still ignored the irony though, even after I had pointed it out icon_smile.gif

Freedom of speech and institutional rules have nothing to do with each other. When you join any institution (such as this forum) you agree to abide by its rules. The rules here forbid swearing. Our censoring software does most of the job for us, but in order to stop the forum being clogged up with **** thread after **** thread we close them and make explicit the reason why.

If, however, you wish to complain in a public arena about public and private activties that you disagree with, you should have every right to do so and in the language you so wish. That is freedom of speech. However, I'd respectfully suggest that the more colourful your choice of language, the greater likelihood of your being ignored.

You are mixing systems that have no correlation with each other.

I suspect many of the users that frequent these forums may define irony as "metallic appearance"...

To the OP - if you consider what your GK did to be grossly incorrect, then point it out in the bigs forum. I haven't seen it happen, ever. That's not to say it hasn't happened, just that it may (and rightfully so) be a very rare occurance. But starting a thread with a profanity over something so marginal and ultimately meaningless seems a bit daft doesn't it?

Originally posted by Some guy....:

if you think true free speech exists anywhere in the world your mad!! icon_smile.gif

Originally posted by postal postie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

if you think true free speech exists anywhere in the world your mad!! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, freedom of speach is a nice idea but every community has to have rules.

'Where would we be without rules...'

Originally posted by chopper99:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postal postie:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Some guy....:

if you think true free speech exists anywhere in the world your mad!! icon_smile.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly, freedom of speach is a nice idea but every community has to have rules.

'Where would we be without rules...' </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

AFGANISTAN \0/

Archived