German Reserve Team Matches

Just took a job in Germany for the first time, wondered how reserve team matches there work? Clearly players are acculmulating statistics from playing in games for the reserve team, but there are no scheduled fixturs :confused:

In Germany you only have scheduled fixtures if your reserve team plays in 3rd league. At the beginning of the game only Bayern, Werder and Stuttgart have their reserve teams in 3rd league.

In Germany you only have scheduled fixtures if your reserve team plays in 3rd league. At the beginning of the game only Bayern, Werder and Stuttgart have their reserve teams in 3rd league.

That much I knew; what I was wondering was whether the statistics the players get for the non-existant games (the career histories clearly show that they've played x games for HSV II this season) are reflected in things like match fitness and player development, or whether they're entirely 100% made up and that there's therefore no point having players in the reserves at all?

Incidentally, as I'm taking over in November and thus outside a window, can someone explain to me how the squad registration rules work? I've got a bunch of players I'd like in my 1st team squad who are apparently unregistered, but the box at the bottom of the squad screen says I have zero B/C registered players in the first team...

I can't help you with the player statistics for non-existant games, sorry!

You can register players for your first team in july and august and then again in january. The box at the bottom of the squad screen refers on the rule that you can have only 3 players in your first team who are (also) registered in the reserve team.

Okay, am now about a month in and there is at least some evidence to go on; the game certainly reports injuries suffered in reserve games, so there is some sort of treatment of them. I guess the question would have to be whether it's possible to know when these non-existant games are "played" for planning purposes.

So does that mean that you can register players three players for both first team and second team, but otherwise players must be registered for one or the other? Is it therefore useless making players available for reserves?

You can register all players of your reserve team also for your first team if you wish (btw i have registered all my reserve players also for my first team), but only 3 of them can be in the starting 11 or bench on a match day! That's a problem if you have many injured or banned players in your first team! You can't simply fill the lack with reserve players. So you have to take care to have enough first team players!

Archived