Defender challenging keeper!

Its called the corner bug. If you set a player who is good in the air, usually a centre back, to challenge GK and set the corners to 6 yard box you will score an unrealistic amount of goals, it works better if the corners are inswinging.

ArsenalMetro- it's at the bottom of "team instructions". You can also change it for free kicks and throw ins.

The Major- except it's not, because it doesn't guarantee anything. Attacking tactics increase the chances of winning, should we use defensive tactics? I do agree that it gives an unrealistic boost, but it's not comparable to your examples (or mine, really, but ;))

Why would you use that cheat?

Like taking over a club you're about to play and picking a striker to play in goal, or buy one of your players for £100mil etc...

You ever noticed in real life many clubs have 1 or 2 defenders near the goal when getting a corner? For example Ajax Amsterdam used to have Johnny Heitinga up front with corners, scoring quite a few goals per season this way. When Heitinga left this was done by Thomas Vermaelen, allthough less productive still a good option. Of course in FM09 you might score unrealistic amounts (though you'll really need to have players with good corner and heading stats) it's still realistic having a defender there...

ok heres a suggestion, ive got peter crouch in my team, with 18 for heading and jumping, if he challanges the keeper, will he score as many as a CB doing the same? or does it only work for CB. if so maybe i should play him there...

Why anyone would choose to exploit this bug is beyond me ? Defenders scoring 20+ goals a season, nearly all from corners ? Realistic ? I think not!

what a load of tosh,if there is a way to score goals in the game then go for it,end of story every year this happens and people still moan about it.

and in addition, my team and many teams I have seen IRL do this, in fact our teams centre back scored almost as many as our striker last season. It might be a tad unrealistic for high standard play, but so are a lot of things in computer games

How do you change the aim of the corner? Like a few posts ago it says to put it into the 6-yard box, how do you make your corner taker do that?

Have a left footed player taking them from the right, and a right footed player from the left.

Have a left footed player taking them from the right, and a right footed player from the left.

It needs to be a tall player af well. Over 6' tall. Doesn't seem to be consistant though, players seem to go through phases of scoring loads and then not getting any for a while!

It needs to be a tall player af well. Over 6' tall. Doesn't seem to be consistant though, players seem to go through phases of scoring loads and then not getting any for a while!

I'm pretty sure your corner takers don't have to be tall...

Not the corner taker! The player challenging the keeper

:D Classic!!!

I avoid the exploit by not having anyone 'challenge keeper'. The AI doesn't use it so I don't either. I still got 9 goals from corners (from a range of players) which was the most in the league last season. More realistic than 9 per month from one DC.

Archived