They always get another chance

1-0 up at home vs hull . Its getting twitchy, 5 mins stoppage they've had a few chances before ft . Bam they get whole 5 mins stoppage to attack ur goal and score a goal 90+6.

Away to hull 1-0 down 5 mins + stoppage . Had a few chances looking likely. Whoa 5 mins not one chance.

Need i say more........

1-0 up at home vs hull . Its getting twitchy, 5 mins stoppage they've had a few chances before ft . Bam they get whole 5 mins stoppage to attack ur goal and score a goal 90+6.

Away to hull 1-0 down 5 mins + stoppage . Had a few chances looking likely. Whoa 5 mins not one chance.

Need i say more........

Yes. This is not nearly enough information to determine whether something fishy is going on.

it's not my thread so i can't say for sure but i believe the OPs problem is -

when he's a goal up the AI controlled team creates a lot of chances late in the game

but when he's a goal down the match engine gives him far fewer chances &/or highlights

this is something i've experienced also.

i remember once when i went 1-0 down 68min (extended highlights) & after experiencing the same problem the OP is having (over numerous saves with numerous teams) i thought i'd try something, so i put 5 up front & 5 in midfield, this was @ a point where i was attempting to suss out the match engine, made the changes in the 68min, the computer finally decided to put them into effect in the 74min & i didn't see another highlight, i was 1-0 down & didn't see another highlight for 16mins+added time!

now i'd enforced a ridiculous tactic, forget a chance for me how about a counter attack for the computer?! but as usual, nothing! i just wanted to see something, but i knew i wouldn't. on numerous occasions it most likely is 'my tactics' but when i pour ten players forward for the last 5mins (usually) of a game, i expect the match engine to show me something be that postive or negative, make me feel like what i do, has an effect, too many times have i gone down in a defeat & felt it was scripted, in previous FM's losing was a bad thing but felt organic, in this installment though the AI + Match Engine flat out take the peess @ times.

i'm sure i'm not alone in having 'that feeling', i mean knowing when certain things are bound to happen, the match engine can @ times replicate great moments of realism but @ the same time there a numerous times when the discrepancies within it become far too evident.

the match engine can be a disgrace @ times, the final 10minutes of a game when leading and losing couldn't (for me) be more different.

hull is just an example for the many times it happens late do u not notice how many late goals u score to how many u conceed.

Do you change your tactics to counter what the opposition has done?? They will have gone more attacking while they search for the equaliser, if you just sit there with the tactic you've been using since the first minute, you have a far higher chance of conceeding.

Do you change your tactics to counter what the opposition has done?? They will have gone more attacking while they search for the equaliser, if you just sit there with the tactic you've been using since the first minute, you have a far higher chance of conceeding.

my form is constantly being tweaked yes. tempo starts quick away slow at home then speeds up and slows down in accordance with possession pressure action zones. Along with this i tweak the timewasting later on. My team instrcutions are n normal because i have all individual players with their own mentality, but bolster defence if a goal up and few minutes left eg full backs stop bombing foward narrow the midfield 1 up top hold up ball. But this is irrelavant the point is the ai always get another chance, on my games anyway, was something that happened in pretty much all other fms too, and its makes it tougher sure but its very annoying especially when u want another highlight and the time just shoots by.

Have you guys tried actually putting the highlights onto "full match" and seeing why your team aren't scoring? Sitting there and complaining that you can't see the highlights isn't going to solve anything.

Also, when your team is on all-out attack, and the oppo is on ultra defensive, you don't really need defenders - that's why it made so little difference to Barcelona when Abidal got sent off - Pique still didn't feel the need to hang back in defence. And Yaya Toure was playing his normal holding role after a while, not CB.

Incidentally, Barcelona got ONE highlight from attacking. The best attacking team in the world, with an attacking line possessing 100 goals between them, got ONE highlight.

In conclusion: FM is not out to get you.

If you want to shut up shop, tight man-mark the midfielders in the 4-2-4: then it's just a question of winning the headers, because with the midfield shut down, it's all long ball.

Have you guys tried actually putting the highlights onto "full match" and seeing why your team aren't scoring? Sitting there and complaining that you can't see the highlights isn't going to solve anything.

Also, when your team is on all-out attack, and the oppo is on ultra defensive, you don't really need defenders - that's why it made so little difference to Barcelona when Abidal got sent off - Pique still didn't feel the need to hang back in defence. And Yaya Toure was playing his normal holding role after a while, not CB.

Incidentally, Barcelona got ONE highlight from attacking. The best attacking team in the world, with an attacking line possessing 100 goals between them, got ONE highlight.

In conclusion: FM is not out to get you.

If you want to shut up shop, tight man-mark the midfielders in the 4-2-4: then it's just a question of winning the headers, because with the midfield shut down, it's all long ball.

I know the highlight thing probably isn't a valid argument but what about my post above? That much injury time? Surely something's going on there.

I know the highlight thing probably isn't a valid argument but what about my post above? That much injury time? Surely something's going on there.

The ref stopping his watch every time your keeper takes an age to get the ball? ;)

Never seen ludicrous amounts of stoppage time unless there's been a big injury and break in play (you'll spot this more easily on full match than in highlights) or I've been testing out the time wasting slider at its maximum level.

Yes, of course something is going on, but as the previous poster stated you can't know what is going on unless you watch it in full detail then you will actually see how the ai is creating chances and where your play is falling down.

but 7 minutes of injury time is unusually large and despite that the referee went for a further 5 min so that the game ended after 102 minutes of play, no matter what happens in a game that is ridiculous, it never happens irl.

It almost never happens in FM either, like most people the OP remembers the occasional game where he does a Ferguson and thinks there's too much injury time, or not enough, to suit his side, and forgets the 95% of games where there's 3 or 4 minutes like you usually get in a real match.

Archived