Moving Stadiums - 2 Points

Sorry if this is the wrong forum (please move it if need be) but I am have just moved stadiums with QPR and a couple of things occured to me that I wanted to get others opinions on.

First of all considering how detailed FM is these days I think ther should be an option regarding the name of the stadium. Either you choose it yourself when moving in or there are some choices that are put to the fans and they decide (or even the board choose). I say this as my new and improved fantatic ground bears the astounding name of "QPR Stadium" which, quite frankly, is a bit pants. I know I can edit it using an editor but I just thought it might be a worthwhile addition.

Secondly I was wondering if SI could impliment some stadum pics that could be mocked up so that I am not looking at old pics of Loftus Road (or whatever stadium you have moved from). Even if there were just 2 or 3 stadiums for different capacities (going up in incriments of 15000-20000 maybe).

Also on this point does anyone know of any stadium packs that might have some pics in that I could use for my brand new 50000 stadium, I don't want to rob a picture of a real gorund but wouldn't mind some choices of the designs that we've all seen for various gorunds over the years?

As I said, sorry if this is in the wrong place but anyone else's thoughts/help would be appreciated

New grounds can be named after players/staff on the favourred Personnel panel, after the board or after the club, the name is choosen by your Chairman be thankful he didn't decide to name the ground after himself. Hopefully future versions will include the ability for the club researchers to include several suggestions for new ground names.

When clubs move stadium i lose the backround pic on mine,,,teams like liverpool move and the background is blank

Of course. The new stadium will have a different ID#. Find that number (untick box in preferences menu), get a new picture, name is the ID# and load it.

I like the idea of regen stadiums being shown in the background... They don't need to be overly detailed but enough to keep the experience of moving real. Use the club colours to give it a little change. If the board decide to expand then you can see the east side or west side being under construction. Its a basic 3D image, depends if they have the time to work on it I suppose.

There's also the argument that it adds nothing to the game, would be a nice touch though.

I agree with being given a choice over the name of Stadium. Perhaps even have the option to write your own like you can add comments in the Press Conferences. They don't have to be accepted but if you don't see a name you like or perhaps if you manage your local team and think another name would be more fitting its nice to be able to give your own.

how do you move stadiums, i took sheffield FC to the Champ and have 25M in the bank but still have there first stadium which is only 5000 and have asked to expand but they say there is no room, i also fill it regularly

what is the criteria for moving stadiums ?

My board took out a 40 million euro loan too when I had around 20 million in the bank... My advise would be just to keep asking for stadium expansion every once in a while even though they keep telling you it's impossible.

Of course. The new stadium will have a different ID#. Find that number (untick box in preferences menu), get a new picture, name is the ID# and load it.

Really? I still get a picture of Roots Hall and Ninian Park whenever I play Southend or Cardiff and they both moved ages ago

Archived