Possible Bug - Dead Ball Line

Apologies if this has already been mentioned before, I don't go on these forums much and after a quick search I couldn't find anything.

I've noticed a bug in the match engine, where players are easily, constantly able to run down the wing, then cut inside, run along the dead ball line, then tap the ball in at the near post.

This can't be blamed on my tactics, because I've used a number of different tactics, from Matt's tactic set to Tylerbode's tactic, and it happens on a regular basis. Also, my players are doing this as well as the opposition's players, so this isn't me slagging off the match engine, i just want to know why it's happening, and if anyone else has seen it?

(Robotic man marking => centre halfs follow strikers)

+ Striker movement where they delay their run or hang back

= clean run at goal from flanks.

Basically CBs set to man mark (not sure if tight makes a difference) will rarely drop back into the covering position and will often just follow the striker instead of looking to block the path to goal of the winger who just skinned the fullback.

I agree with you that it is an issue but not really sure of how it could be fixed. Maybe have the man marking CB transition to the zonal behaviour code so that they act more realistically? Obviously haven't a clue if that's possible.

The robotic man marking is often the source for illogical player movements in defensive situations, especially with respect to blocking the ballcarrier's potential path towards goal. I'm guessing it's not the easiest thing to code.

(Robotic man marking => centre halfs follow strikers)

+ Striker movement where they delay their run or hang back

= clean run at goal from flanks.

Basically CBs set to man mark (not sure if tight makes a difference) will rarely drop back into the covering position and will often just follow the striker instead of looking to block the path to goal of the winger who just skinned the fullback.

I agree with you that it is an issue but not really sure of how it could be fixed. Maybe have the man marking CB transition to the zonal behaviour code so that they act more realistically? Obviously haven't a clue if that's possible.

The robotic man marking is often the source for illogical player movements in defensive situations, especially with respect to blocking the ballcarrier's potential path towards goal. I'm guessing it's not the easiest thing to code.

Now that you mention it, I've never conceded such a goal and I use zonal marking. However, I have scored like this many a times. Hadn't realized before that the type of marking could be related.

that does sound like a logical explanation, but every tactic i've used over the past season uses zonal marking, and i've conceded at least 10 of these goals in that time.

also, my centre backs generally have good decisions, anticipation and positioning, so it shouldn't happen at all. its spoiling a really good game for me

Archived