is it cheatin if i

edit everton to have loads of money ? to be honest i dont think it is its just like as if they have had a takeover in real life i edited everton and city to have the same amount of money and i dont cheat to get the players i just get the players who want to come to me the likes of diego pandec akinveef or how ever u spell his name ... matias fernandez and a few others is it cheatin ? could someone let me know its kinda spoilin fm09 for me if it is cheatin i started another game were i have not edited everton with loads of money so i only have 5m to spend but its goin to be hard because if i do bad which will probably happen i will get sacked and i only wanna go the team i support no other team and i wouldnt wana get sacked in the first place anyway can someone let me know please if its cheatin to them or not

Does it matter if it is? Will it impact on anyone else's game? Will you learn the location and correct use of the SHIFT key? For answers to these, and many other, questions, do not look in this thread.

well i edited everton to have 100m i finished 4th so i am in the champions league now which is good and its a challenge and it makes the game better for everton its just like a takeover its not cheating i wouldnt say i have no money left now either so i will have to win competitions and stuff to get money for new players

IMO, its not really cheating as its your own game. However, and its only my opinion, your cheating yourself by changing the starting point. If you get a takeover in game, then thats how the game went. The mere fact you have to ask the question, as have others, makes me think you already know if it is cheating or not.

again its your game if you want to do it then fine no one can really stop you but if you have to edit something its kinda hard to argue that you havnt given your team an advantage. but just play the way you want. if you think its more realistic go for it and have fun. who really cares as long as you dont brag about how you managed to sign player so and so in your first season :)

Does it matter if it is? Will it impact on anyone else's game? Will you learn the location and correct use of the SHIFT key? For answers to these, and many other, questions, do not look in this thread.

Shut up!

I once edited my team to have a lot of money. This was just for enjoyment and making good tactics.

£100m isn't really that much, is it? There are obvious questions to raise about the point of playing if you, say, give Barcelona a transfer budget of £500m, but if all you're wanting to do is give your favoured team enough money to compete with the big boys from the get go, then go for it, why not.

as Gerd said:

It ios cheating, but its your game, do what you want!

I'll be honest, i often create my own team in the conference, give them 200M, and then create the team i play for, but give everyone world class abilities lol.

SO in other words, do what you want.

well i edited everton to have 100m i finished 4th so i am in the champions league now which is good and its a challenge and it makes the game better for everton its just like a takeover its not cheating i wouldnt say i have no money left now either so i will have to win competitions and stuff to get money for new players

thats a very bad finish considering David Moyes finished 4th with virtually nothing, And hes scottush. FIX UP MATE SERIOUSLY

thats a very bad finish considering David Moyes finished 4th with virtually nothing, And hes scottush. FIX UP MATE SERIOUSLY

Shut Up! Scotland Happens to be a very good country and am proud to be Scottish, so shut your face about nationality

I havent done it in 09 but ive done it in the past games with my beloved Newcastle to give them money to spend....im split whether its cheating or not, but its my game so i dont care what ppl think tbh....does adding me in the game as a wonderkid cheating? another answer is that i dont care....dont worry what other ppl think mate...enjoy the game how you want to play it

It's cheating if you benefit, obviously.

But there's nothing wrong with editing your game (unless you don't want to cheat) - it's your game, and if taking Liverpool's bank balance and sticking a minus sign on the front in an editor is your idea of fun, then by all means, do so.

It's cheating if you benefit, obviously.

But there's nothing wrong with editing your game (unless you don't want to cheat) - it's your game, and if taking Liverpool's bank balance and sticking a minus sign on the front in an editor is your idea of fun, then by all means, do so.

Lol :p I like the suggestion :D Not going to though, like to start out with lower teams more - in a fair way without editing that is.

Given that the game comes with an editor, it's entirely up to the individual what they do with it.

For what it's worth, I play saves without the editor or third party programmes, I also play saves with them. Depends what sort of an "experience" I want from that particular save. So for me there's no need to ask others if it's cheating or not. If you're enjoying the game you're playing that's all that matters really.

As for the bitching that's going on in this thread between a few people... cut it out!

You don't want me to get all Travis Bickle on you now do you...

travis-bickle.jpg

Definitely not cheating mate as many have said its your game and with the built it editor SI have given us many options to play around with how we want the game to work.

In a Leyton Orient game i have running i gave a few of the premiership poor boys a new bank balance to see how they would get on if they had Man City´s cash pot. Wigan, Hull, Fulham, West Brom, Stoke now have a few quid to splash and even though they havent been buying all the worlds superstars they have bought other players and its been quite interesting to see how they can compete.

its not cheating.

but and here's my question. would you get more enjoyment from starting the game with everton , no editing and just make them the best club in the world , im talking 20 title's on the trot.

if you edit at the begining and then they become the best team ever you'll always have that thing in the back of your head which says you did it with an unfair advantage.

start from scratch no extra money and build your team the way it should be built , (with a mix of world class signings and a good youth policy) ... once maby 4 years in i try and bring 1 youth player through the youth system every 2 years. its always nice when half the english players at the club are being called for the full england team and knowing you brought that regen through :D

whilst people may say its ur game and u can have it anyway you want, it is still classed as cheating. its just like saying ... Give Everton lionel Messi, C Ronaldo etc .... and all that type of junk.

whilst people may say its ur game and u can have it anyway you want, it is still classed as cheating. its just like saying ... Give Everton lionel Messi, C Ronaldo etc .... and all that type of junk.

yes and no, its not like he is giving them the players.

would it be classed as cheating if everton did get a new board in real life with millions to spend yet some people do not update the game to reflect this?

cheating is a very grey area, is looking at a player list on here cheating, checking out a new tactic, reading the game instructions about tactics....the list can go on.

Archived