I love FM but this is a cause of concern.

I am At. Madrid and I am currently in my 2016/2017 season. I have been a very successful manager and my team is very strong. However, a board takeover is happening and it says they will appoint another manager if it is successful, which i am fuming about. How long will this takeover go on for until successful, and what are the odds of them taking over? please reply as I do not want to lose my team on my longest saved career ever.

Sometimes they just say that and you will still have your job.

My takeover went through in a few weeks, bought by a wealthy Russian, who was only 38 years old.

Another save too ages, on and off.

All the best, keep us informed on how you go.

Don't worry, this happened to me as well...

I'm managing Celtic in the EPL (After Editing) and I am doing amazingly well... about the year 2015 there was a bard take-over and it was said that the incoming guy would install Javier Aguire as manager if successful. I had a successful season that year and I was told that my job was safe.

I had already won the World cup with Spain at this stage, as well as numerous EPLs and a few CLs and had built a very successful youth team etc. etc.

When he said "After careful consideration we have decided to allow you to keep your job", I was desperately looking around for the button called "Stick it up your ass, you arrogant ****, that's MY team out there winning this club trophy's".

But alas, no such button existed.

Don't worry, this happened to me as well...

I'm managing Celtic in the EPL (After Editing) and I am doing amazingly well... about the year 2015 there was a bard take-over and it was said that the incoming guy would install Javier Aguire as manager if successful. I had a successful season that year and I was told that my job was safe.

I had already won the World cup with Spain at this stage, as well as numerous EPLs and a few CLs and had built a very successful youth team etc. etc.

When he said "After careful consideration we have decided to allow you to keep your job", I was desperately looking around for the button called "Stick it up your ass, you arrogant ****, that's MY team out there winning this club trophy's".

But alas, no such button existed.

Try typing your remark into a press conference, it wont really do much but may make you feel better!

I've never seen anyone sacked after a takeover - I don't know if it's even possible tbh.

I've read of people being sacked on these forums. I can't remember who, but there was someone who had got Newcastle into the CL, and was sitting in the top four when he was sacked.

I am At. Madrid and I am currently in my 2016/2017 season. I have been a very successful manager and my team is very strong. However, a board takeover is happening and it says they will appoint another manager if it is successful, which i am fuming about. How long will this takeover go on for until successful, and what are the odds of them taking over? please reply as I do not want to lose my team on my longest saved career ever.

If you have done well before the takeover you will get a message saying they're going to give you a chance too prove yourself in the next upcoming games, if you do well you shouldn't have too worry :thup:

Good and bad luck. Good because I am still manager and the takeover didnt happen in the end. Bad because my chairman wants to sell. So I do not know whether I am in a good position or not?

:confused:

Good and bad luck. Good because I am still manager and the takeover didnt happen in the end. Bad because my chairman wants to sell. So I do not know whether I am in a good position or not?

:confused:

The chairman doesn't have much to do with you. They just get bored after a while and sell the club... I've been at TOP Oss for some 5 years and the team's been taken over twice already, but I didn't notice anything other than the messages showing the club was being taken over :p

It keeps saying:

picture1z.png

What does this mean?

It depends, what is your balance? If its approaching £2 billion, then the game "saves" some money away as if your balance goes over £2 billion (i think) the game reads it as a negative figure.

It depends, what is your balance? If its approaching £2 billion, then the game "saves" some money away as if your balance goes over £2 billion (i think) the game reads it as a negative figure.

The exact figure is, I think, £2,147,483,647. (2^31 - 1).

I think the 2billion should be increased if possible without effecting too much. Ac milan in my save have hit 1billion and keep increase, and thats the AI controlling them.

I don't understand why there's a limit anyway... I know old computers couldn't handle those big numbers, but nowadays it shouldn't be a problem.

I don't understand why there's a limit anyway... I know old computers couldn't handle those big numbers, but nowadays it shouldn't be a problem.

It's a performance trade off. FM already has to do enough processing without increasing the limit. I'd prefer the extra performance than being able to have a load of extra money I'm never going to use.

Processing a word is OK as it fits very nicely into things as 32 bits, a word. However, a doubleword (64 bits), takes roughly double the amount of work and contains far too many decimal places for realistic Football Manager games (−9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to +9,223,372,036,854,775,807).

Archived