Budget/balance query

Just won the league in my first season at Wolves, upon promotion I was given 30m for playing in the prem (although this has not shown up in my bank records???)

I was given 21m to spend and that was at the minimum expectation of fighting bravely against relegation but checked my balance and I have 9m. So I'm not sure what to do now, I desperately need to strengthen the squad but I don't want to spend 20m and go into big debts because I'll surely go into admin and get points deducted judging on what happens to other teams in the game.

What do you reckon lads...

Where has the premiership money gone? Absolutely no sign of it in my accounts.

Shall I try and scrap together pennies and try to stay above 0 balance or shall I just **** it, spend the money and put a good squad together as soon as possible?

I ahve noticed discrprepancies in my books. Always thought it was a bug.

It seemed like if i sold player x fpr 15mill, the income tab would say the reverse (like "-$15mill) and then all the sums would work out wrong, but I would still have the transfer funds adjusted (ie. 15Mill more to spend and my overall bottom line wasn't affected.

Basically, it seemed like the game had the monetary system display not quite right.

Otherwise, yo might just have to wait until the nextmonth for it to cash in and be shown.

30m is your TV money paid out over the season...I'm sure your board will have taken all that into account when giving you a kitty of 21m with only a balance of 9m. You'll be given prize money as well at the end of the season depending on your league position and cup runs, so you should be fine to splurge a little! ;)

Good uck.

Spend it all mate. The 30m is spread out through the season and if the board have given you 20m to spend its cos its in the budget to get it back.

I have a long term save with Bognor Regis and I have just spent my first season in the prem. At the beginning of the season they gave me 12m to spend even though we only had about 1m in the bank, I spent the lot was 12m in the red but I finished 17th, without that we would not of stayed up.

We slowly got all that money back over the season from TV rights and gate receipts, now in May we are 4m in the black.

Don't spend it all - trust your own judgment first!

The answer to "will the budgets balance out" depends on your chairman's Ambition and Business Sense attributes, neither of which you can see.

If his Ambition is high and his Business Sense is low, he'll let you bankrupt the club, absolutely.

If his Ambition is low and his Business Sense is high, he's likely to be fairly miserly, giving you just what he judges you need to keep the club up (because it doesn't make business sense to let you get relegated).

Obviously you are good enough at the game to earn promotion, and financially savvy enough to spot the potential problems .. so keep to the strategy that's gotten you this far and trust yourself more than we anonymous internet posters who won't be gutted if your club goes bankrupt.

Archived