Closest Finishes to the season

Hi, I'm on my last game of the season (as Liverpool), and the table currently stands at:

Manchester United 37 played Goal Difference +48 Points 83

Manchester City 37 played Goal Difference +45 Points 83

Chelsea 37 played Goal Difference +40 Points 80

Liverpool 37 played Goal Difference +34 Points 80

Arsenal 37 played Goal Difference +41 Points 76

Although there is a mathamatical chance of me winning the prem, I doubt it unless the two manchesters lose, and I beat Stoke 14 - 0.

Anyway, just wondering how close other peoples leagues had got (this is the closest I've ever seen)

Similar to my current save last season.

Two battles going on...Arsenal and Chelsea for top spot. Newcastle (Me) and Liverpool going down to the wire for 4th with Man Utd already securing 3rd.

2samooz.jpg

Chelsea beat Pompey 4-0 on the last day with Arsenal only managing a 2-0 win at home to Man Utd.

4th was all but settled on game 37 when I scored a 92nd minute penalty at Anfield to take back 4th where I had been for the majority of the season but a dip in form towards the end of the season set it all alight. Fortunatley grabbed a win at home to WBA on the last day of the season with a 77th minute winner to cement the CL place.

Most exciting finish ive had in a while :thup:

Catching up a massive deficit to be 3 points behind going into the last round, winning CL while Arsenal lost their last game (well same weekend anyway) then winning by a 1 goal margin in midweek (literally the last game of the season along with that of CL opponents Chelsea) to take it on gd but can't remember how much greater that was, probably comfortably but not massively.

With two games to go things are very tight at the top in my save. After a poor first half of the season where i was left in mid table obscurity for much of it, the team have managed to get their act together and pushed on for promotion. I have two tough games left away to Hereford and Grimsby, who are themselves fighting for the play offs, where as Rotherham have Accrington and Wycombe so are near enough guaranteed 6 points. I'm hoping the pressure doesn't get to my players too much! ;)

Tightfinishtotheseason.jpg

Archived