Fed up with how the game changes after reloading

Loaded up my wolves save again today, when i saved the game last, i could score freely (most goals scored in league) and the best defence (least goals conceded).

After reloading i can not score at all and my defece has shipped more goals in 4 games than the it had in the rest of the season.

This has happened numerous times now and makes the game incredibly infuriating

No chance. Though sometimes if i'm on a good run, i choose not to quit until the run comes to an end. I get beat, sometimes badly, the game is saved, and an hour later i'm back on feeling refreshed and looking at how i can bring my team back positively.

Originally posted by tingting:

no!!! dont listen to them....quitting the game in between and the reloading it again has a great affect on your performances...you can find more such instances here here

Another of the great FM mythsicon_smile.gif

It belongs with "I always concede while changing tactics"

The game is not sentient and has no idea of when you load or close it.

You "save" and it reloads at precisely the point you left it, nothing does or can change during either process.

Well despite what people say I feel 'On Occasions' this does happen, but I am not going to lose any sleep over the matter. People can say immature comments all they wish its my opinion and thats that.

p.s. there is nothing wrong with my tactics or team for that matter!!

Quitting and reloading definitely does something. It certainly wouldn't be unheard of because I know Civ4 has a random seed that adjusts stuff slightly each load.

So the coding is there and there is enough evidence around that it's at least plausible FM does a similar thing.

VB

I've seen people on here write that if they're having a bad run they quit the game for a bit, then when they restart they go on a good run.

Personally, I think this can go either way due to the human's mental state. It can have a positive or negative effect depending on how your life treated you between quitting and restarting. Might not feel like it, but stuff can happen like that.

It's more likely than the Game (capitalisation intentional) deciding to change after having a bit of a rest.

3. FM responds to gravity

Always, I repeat, always turn your monitor 90 degrees so that the opposition's goal is on your desk. If you do this, the ball will fall more towards that goal. It is possible if you do this right to win by many, many goals. Clearly, this option works only about a sixth as well on the moon, but the chances of you playing the game on the moon are slim to none.

It is most important that you remember to turn the monitor 180 degrees at half time. Otherwise the effect will be reversed.

Haha thats great.

reading this thread i thought yep, maybe this does happen...

so i saved my game after 3 straight wins, and reloaded the next day with 2 away london derbies next up...

lo and behold, we beat qpr 3-1 and then palace 3-2 in the championship...

so its not true.. reloading makes no difference... sometimes you win, sometimes you draw, sometimes you lose, just like real footy!!

Erm, in all honesty, I am pretty sure that about a year ago I saw someone from Si confirm that a few variables cannot be saved with the game and thus will randomly be generated at each reload. From there on they will be handled by the game again, but as morale has so much effect, you can quickly either start a good or bad run or see it stopped if the changed variable causes a different result in your first match of the session. That was FM07 and I don't know if it's still true for 08 (after all I actually wonder why th the game cannot save just everything), but if that is still so, the reload thing is not a complete myth tbh.

Though of course that's not due to any kind of conspiracy but due to morale having too much of an effect.

You know they could stop all these conspiracy theories if the game generated all its random numbers ahead of time and stored them as a list to be used up in order, topping up the list after each match.

This way if the game crashed and you reloaded the results would be the same, as long as you made exactly the same changes at the same time (which is probably impossible).

Probably open to more abuse than the random generation used at the moment.

This debate here is just like the "ROBO-QB or not?" debate when it comes to American football games on the Xbox. I've long known that computer games cheat. That's been a proven fact since the early days of the Atari (as I just pointed out in another thread).

There's nothing we can do about it, unless we want to quit playing the games (not an option for me). You just have to suck it up and try to have fun with it, and take any advantages you can get.

That's why I don't ever shut down my game for the night until I've lost 3 matches in a row. Sometimes this means I'm up until 2 am and have to go to work in 4 hours, but hey, my team is sitting top of the league, and that's all that matters. Work? pfft. What work? icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by BamaToon:

This debate here is just like the "ROBO-QB or not?" debate when it comes to American football games on the Xbox. I've long known that computer games cheat. That's been a proven fact since the early days of the Atari (as I just pointed out in another thread).

There's nothing we can do about it, unless we want to quit playing the games (not an option for me). You just have to suck it up and try to have fun with it, and take any advantages you can get.

That's why I don't ever shut down my game for the night until I've lost 3 matches in a row. Sometimes this means I'm up until 2 am and have to go to work in 4 hours, but hey, my team is sitting top of the league, and that's all that matters. Work? pfft. What work? icon_biggrin.gif

I'd love to see that proof.

Well I used to have some video evidence from way back in my Nintendo days when I would record myself playing. Super Mario Brothers and Mike Tyson's Punch-Out were notorious for cheating, as I recall.

And if you've ever played any of the Madden or NCAA College Football series of games, then you've probably run into the infamous "ROBO-QB" comeback code that EA Sports is so fond of.

Or maybe I just suck. icon_biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Nomis07:

I'd love to see that proof.

Ok. Grab a copy of Danny Sullivans Indy Heat, or Iron Man Ivan Stewarts 4x4 Off Road.

Set the MAME to stop the AI laps counting. See how stupidly fast they go? Exactly.

See also Badlands, Madden (all versions), Ridge Racer 6 or 7, blah blah blah.

There is no such thing as AI, so all CPU actions are it doing a certain thing in a certain situation. So what's the difference between it doing something within the rules, and something outside them?

Nada that's what.

If you think no game has ever cheated then give up and do something else.

i dont think the game cheats if you save and reload too often. the simulation is so realistic that you wont get the same result if you play the same game over and over. for instance i reloaded the same match over and over and had the following results 4-4, 0-3 , 2-2, 5-2 and 1-0.

But dwood, if you had continued to reload that same match, you would have noticed this sequence of results...

4-4, 0-3, 2-2, 5-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1, 1-2, 3-3, 1-5, 2-0, 1-1, 6-5, 2-3, 4-6

Then it would have repeated itself over and over again proving the game as a cheat!

You see, there is a calculation yu can use to work out the result in reload x based on either the first 3 reload results or various stats within the game.

I would go into more detail, but I'm afraid I've already said too much... All the leading games experts are probably already tracking me down to have me killed. Everyone down to the creator of the Atari is involved in this mass conspiracy to annoy the gaming public.

DAMN THEM AND THEIR CHILDISH GAMES!

Originally posted by VonBlade:

If you think no game has ever cheated then give up and do something else.

You what lol. Over the top me thinks, random examples of when you think the cpu cheated isn't proof icon_razz.gif Anyways, like I said in the other thread, i've always thought the cpu cheated to stop me winning, but all my mates seem to complete games with ease, so perhaps we're just not very good at games icon_biggrin.gif

i have to say in the past i have noticed that my teams form sometimes changes when i reload the game. logical thinking makes me think that doesnt happen but there's still that little bit that thinks it does. you probably just notice the one time when your form changes but not the fifty times it doesnt.

Originally posted by jayahr:

Erm, in all honesty, I am pretty sure that about a year ago I saw someone from Si confirm that a few variables cannot be saved with the game and thus will randomly be generated at each reload. From there on they will be handled by the game again, but as morale has so much effect, you can quickly either start a good or bad run or see it stopped if the changed variable causes a different result in your first match of the session. That was FM07 and I don't know if it's still true for 08 (after all I actually wonder why th the game cannot save just everything), but if that is still so, the reload thing is not a complete myth tbh.

Though of course that's not due to any kind of conspiracy but due to morale having too much of an effect.

I remember someone from SI saying the same thing, but I think the post I remember was from the CM4 days.

Archived