Would it be cheating if...

You were to agree to take over a new club at the end of the season, but in the interim, were to re-negotiate your current star players contracts to include low 'minimum release fees', thus meaning that you can actually bring them with you at a bargain price when you've gone?

If think it would (or would at least be against the spirit of the game)....so won't bother to do it, and will just leave...

I agree - it actually got me thinking ... when negotiating with players, things like release clauses should not be dealt wih by the manager - more of a legal thing. So, the contract should carry elements added by the board, legal etc...

Th manager should have limited, not absolute, control over the terms of contracts issued in the game (as in real life...)

I don't agree with that. Yeah, it's cheating, but you don't have to do it and people should be able to play the game however they like.

Sorry - i meant that i agree its cheating. Think the contract model could be improved though - seems a bit static at the minute

Crossed wires. I know you're saying that it's cheating, but I don't think the game should make it impossible for people to cheat. :)

Forkoid: In the same way that you can agree transfers for the end of the season, you can apply for a job and select "end of season" as your start date. :thup:

Forkoid: You can't resign with an end of season option. You can let your contract run out while rejecting an offers from the board. You can also set to accept a job at the end of the season so, that you can finish your current season with your team.

I remember a bug in the old versions where you could make yourself a manager of say Arsenal and set all their players to release on a free and then resign, the next day all the players would be released! Making Arsenal bankrupt with no players. Ruins the game but can be quite amusing.

Archived