best way to avoid "instant reply" goals

it happens in almost all matches. if my team scores a goal, in 5 minutes the opponent scores as well. i tried changing players, tactics and the mentalilty of players and team, but nothing works. could anyone please tell me the best way to avoid these goals?

It could only be a tactics issue because there is no known bug about it. I've never experienced it so maybe your just being unlucky at the moment. It couldn't really be almost all your games surely!? Who are you managing?

A lot of this occurrence is probably related to your team's personality. After scoring a goal, your team consistently becomes complacent with the lead and takes their foot off the pedal. I would hazard a guess that your team is not particularly full of "determined" or "professional" individuals?

well lets see... these are the personality's of the first team (first eleven and backup)

GK light hearted

d r ambitious

d l fairly loyal

d c fairly loyal

d c leader

AM RLC fairly professional

DM, AM LC spirited

AM C determined

DM, MC spirited

AM RLC, F light-hearted

AM RLC, F fairly professional

AM C fairly determined

DM, MC resillient (what does this mean, i'm from holland)

AM LC fairly determined

GK fairly ambitous

DM, MC fairly ambitous

D/WB/M l fairly professional

D/WB l balanced

AM RLC, F fairly professional

AM/F c spirited

D rc iron-willed (zaccardo)

AM c resolute

i play

little bit attacking

normal creative freedom

mixed passing style

fast tempo

normal width

closing down own half

time wasting rarely

defensive line normal ( tendency to push up)

tackling normal

zonal marking

A lot of this occurrence is probably related to your team's personality. After scoring a goal, your team consistently becomes complacent with the lead and takes their foot off the pedal. I would hazard a guess that your team is not particularly full of "determined" or "professional" individuals?

Sorry to gatecrash a little, but on this subject is it possible to change your squad personality over time?

Concentration?

Not sure, but it seems low concentration would equal lots of conceding.

I have a determined team but very few players have good concentration. They actually have a trend of conceding early and fighting back minutes later.

Not sure if the game goes this far, but it would be nice.

Wow they are good numbers. I guess luck doesnt come into it for you!

Might just be down to the determination of your opponents? I'd say about 25% of my goals are countered with quick equalisers (ie <10mins) but that doesnt seem out of touch with real life.

• 2 weeks later...

Perhaps increasing the tempo and closing down, but also increasing time-wasting to ensure that your team only push forward when it's more likely to succeed.

The thinking behind that would be perhaps instead of conceding an immediate equalizer, you may be able to up the tempo and use your momentum from the first goal to score a quick second goal (this is assuming that your team is the better side, in general)

If you are a weaker side, perhaps slower tempo, lower time-wasting, mixed passing and a bit wider, also keep your mentality defensive, assuming that it is already set at a more defensive level, being that you are the underdog. In theory, this would enable your team to maintain possession, but not move the ball up the pitch too quickly, while moving it around and keeping possession, running the legs out of the opposition. Of course, as I said, this is in theory. Whether your team perform the same way in practice comes down to the way that the opposition manager changes his tactics after going a goal down (assuming he does), and several other variables.

Anyway, there's my 2 cents. Hope that helps :)

it happened all the time, especiallly if u r a weaker side (e.g. York Vs Newcastle), when u get to score a goal, even u pause the game and immediately go and change ur tactic, before the tactic get the chance to put in use, the stronger side already equalized. Or if u r the stronger side, it also happened all the time you would get to score 2 goals in 4 minutes stuff like that.

Happens all the time and its getting so old!

Pretty obvious that there's an increased chance of the opposition scoring as soon as you score. I realise that the makers love to try and embed football cliches into the game to make it feel more realistic but in my opinion it simply illustrates how little control the player has over certain outcomes of games.

To be honest it sounds just like Scunthorpe IRL, despite getting us promoted, it seemed like every game we played was a shootout, 4-4 with Northampton, 3-3 against Swindon, losing 3-2 to Crewe, not to mention the 3-2 defeat to Luton in the JPT final... countless times we would concede soft sloppy goals moments after scoring.

Try to keep a settled side for a few games, constantly shifting players around always seems to make things worse, if you have recently signed a lot of new players, it takes time for them to gel as a team.

Archived