Number of Leagues

Just about to start my first attempt at FM2009, however i want to have a career game...

So my question is, roughly how many leagues can i run so that the game doesn't run terribly slowly, say 10 years, down the line?

My computer is 2.2Ghz with 1GB RAM

I would normaly run...

all English Leagues (6 Leagues)

Italy & Spain top two divisions (4 Leagues)

Brazil top division

Argentina top division

Germany top division

Russia top division

plus maybe one or two other European top divisions

so that would be approx 16 leagues....

is that realistic given my specs? or should i try to tone it down a bit?

I will most likely run a Large database, but my understanding is that database size would only affect saving and loading time.

Any help from anyone would be great, especially if anyone has experience with a similar spec system!

P.S. i often ran around 18-20 leagues on FM08 from all over the world without speed issues! the last thing i want is to get 3 or 4 years in to a career and find the game is too slow to play!

Thanks

Sadly, I'm on vista, which ive heard is slower!

Your right though, more RAM is probably a good idea, I'll get some as soon as i can.

How about the processor? Do you reckon thats up to the job?

Dont think i can afford to upgrade that part!!

try loading as many leagues as you would like. i did this. 5o something leagues from 30 odd nations and it runs fine. on a small database but theres still a wide selection of players to pick from because of the large number of leagues. only time I find it slow is during january and close season. gives me time to think things through more.

Your processor should be fine. It's not the quickest but it should be okay for a reasonable amount of leagues depending on how much waiting around you are prepared to endure while it number crunches.

And yeah, with Vista, more RAM is an absolute essential.

My question ...

Reading all this new career game talk I want to start a new game with more leagues, usually load up just England,Spain, Italy.

Basically wondering like .. I have set to load Argentina, Brazil, England, France, Germany, Italy and Spain.

What differences does it make loading up Small, Medium, Large with more leagues loaded? As was said before, there are plenty of players, database always confused me, ive read about it so many times but seem to forget every time. :)

So those leagues and large equals more players than i can shake a stick at?

Just about to start my first attempt at FM2009, however i want to have a career game...

So my question is, roughly how many leagues can i run so that the game doesn't run terribly slowly, say 10 years, down the line?

My computer is 2.2Ghz with 1GB RAM

I would normaly run...

all English Leagues (6 Leagues)

Italy & Spain top two divisions (4 Leagues)

Brazil top division

Argentina top division

Germany top division

Russia top division

plus maybe one or two other European top divisions

so that would be approx 16 leagues....

is that realistic given my specs? or should i try to tone it down a bit?

I will most likely run a Large database, but my understanding is that database size would only affect saving and loading time.

Any help from anyone would be great, especially if anyone has experience with a similar spec system!

P.S. i often ran around 18-20 leagues on FM08 from all over the world without speed issues! the last thing i want is to get 3 or 4 years in to a career and find the game is too slow to play!

Thanks

When choosing the leagues for a new game go to recomended set-up. It'll tell you how many leagues you could run smoothly :thup:

Archived